Rated 3.1 out of 5
3.1 Stars out of 5
- by ZonZon, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5... it won't save you from people who don't tag their posts/reblogs. However it will definitely block the tags you specify. Overall it won't necessarily get rid of ALL unwanted posts, but it's pretty good for dashboard flood control. I recommend it.
- by sketchiegirl, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Edited review! I had troubles with the add-on a moment ago, but I realized it must have been from having my history to never save. I turn the history back on (and restart the browser), and the icon showed up again! Try doing this if your icon is gone first!!
- by justletmepost, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm using the lastest Firefox, version 37.0.2 and Tumblr Savior isn't working to block anything. There is no icon and no way for me to edit my lists. Any help?
- by FinickyKabuto, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5This add-on works wonderfully! I'm so glad to have those posts off my dashboard, the white list also helps with anything you would make an exception for/would actually want to see. My only complaints are that if you clear your history it resets, so you have to keep the Save/Load code handy(which isn't a big deal really, I just keep the code on one of my computer's sticky notes), and it doesn't block posts on blogs. But other than those two things this add-on is perfect.
- by hc, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sadly, Tumblr Savior does not seem to be compatible with the latest Mozilla Firefox updates, or Windows 8. The icon, that used to be on the add-on bar (that doesn't exist in firefox anymore), is now gone. I've looked in customize, it's not there either.
Using Tumblr without TS is very stressful. Is there any way to solve this problem, where is the TS icon? I've tried disabling all of my add-ons, I've tried restarting my laptop and browser. Nothing helps.
Please help me.
- by laura, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5I am so disappointed. I used this add-on for Chrome and it works wonders. Since it's having problems on Firefox, and because I use the black list a lot, it is seriously preventing me from making Firefox my default browser. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
- by Danielle, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5As other reviews have stated, it will give false positives, but I'm generally able to weed these out by looking at the displayed tags and proceed accordingly.
However, the icon and easiest control for this add on tends to disappear from the add on toolbar. I'm currently at a loss at the moment on how to locate the add on's list to add to it.
ETA: This add on isn't working at on at the moment.
- by Delspencerdeltorro, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've seen that I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm not sure if it happens based on closing tabs, closing firefox, or just after a certain amount of time, but the tags keep reverting to their defaults. Very frustrating. I've usually gotten a big dose of whatever I wanted to avoid before I remember that if I want this thing to work I have to retype my blacklist.
- by bonecrusher, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5I want to give this 5 stars so bad, but I feel that the first 4 are enough for this. Like my title says, this hides way too many posts that do not have the term anywhere in the post. It's even hiding text posts by people! That's ridiculous. It seems like this new update (downloaded on 10 February 2014) really crippled this extension. I award the 4 stars because if people go to the trouble of tagging the term you hate, this extension blocks it every time, and if the term shows up anywhere in their text field, it blocks them as well. The -1 star is for the false positives which were always there but have seriously tripled after this update.
- by mariop476, 7 years agoRated 3 out of 5Tumblr Savior has been totally unresponsive, with all of its menus totally hidden to me the past three times I've downloaded it. It appears as downloaded under Greasemonkey, but nothing can be edited. I've searched on and off for four months or so now, and I haven't been able to find any sort of tutorial for getting it to work either.
In reply to the developer, I used the greasemonkey version, but I'll try again with just the add-on. I'll amend my review when I can try it out next.
As for the response, thanks a lot, especially for replying so quickly. Hopefully it will work a bit better.This is the add-on version of Tumblr Savior, not the Greasemonkey version of Tumblr Savior. You should try installing the add-on version and look in your add-on bar for the Tumblr Savior icon.
- by karignisha, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5I had a lot of friend recommended me this add on to hide annoying tumblr post. Though this was back when it was working. Only now I finaly decided to install it. The only problem I have is that when Firefox restarts, the save block list is erased. It's been since May I think for the last update? Now if I could save maybe a text file and load into the add on I would not mind doing that instead of having to retype everything.
- by glitterninja, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5Blocked a lot of photos that weren't tagged with the terms I blacklisted. Also noticed that when I went to reblog anything on Tumblr, I'd have to click twice, and the reblog window would only pop up on the second try. A few times, though, about 3 minutes later, another reblog window would pop up out of nowhere, like there had been 3 minute lag. Once I disabled Tumblr Savior, this problem went away. Can't recommend this.
- by Erin Blackwell, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Such a relief to have those posts blocked! I like the improvement that I don't have to see it say that a post was blocked; it's just gone.
One question: can I set it up to also block these posts on people's tumblr blogs and not just the dash?
- by Firefox user 10219095, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5Works, but forgets settings whenever you clear your browsing data. Other addons don't store their settings in such an unreliable way, so why should this one?
- by aisha, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5I also go to the supporting site but the user instruction is lackluster. After installing script, how to add the blacklist tag? The developer does not mention it at all while it's crucial for using.
- by Firefox user 10191643, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5While it is easy to use, it doesn't work. I requested it not show anything tagged "moth" or "moths". It did not hide things with those tags, and instead hid things with no tags or unrelated tags saying they were tagged "moth" when they were definitely not.
- by Nexon_rogue, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5used to work on firefox but doesn't anymore. nothing on my blacklist is blocked. There is no icon beside my address bar to edit the black and white list. I'm using greasemonkey with this. Uninstalled and re-installed both greasemonkey and tumblr savior but its still not working. So hopefully you'll fix this. I used it on chrome and it works tho.
[EDIT] well, i found how it works. the "T" button appears on bottom right of your browser. From there just click, and add words to your black and white list. maybe you should have included a set of updated instructions. using greasemonkey is outdated.
- by jessstar370, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've had this add-on for a couple months since before Yahoo bought out Tumblr and it worked fine up to about a few weeks ago. The add-on seems to reset itself, erasing my lists of Black and White, leaving the starter words that come with the add-on when you download it. I really don't get it. It resets every week and it's really pissing me off. Anyone else have this problem?
- by RenaCalifornia, 7 years agoRated 1 out of 5This add-on did not function when I added it to Firefox 21.0. There's no toolbar or settings options. The script also did not work when used with Greasemonkey instead.
- by NegimaSonic, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Concerning the recent Tumblr update and version 0.4.5, it still works on Firefox after a stealth update but you have to do something yourself.
Go here and download the latest version (0.4.8 for me)
after that it should work like always.
This program isn't perfect but I like it a bit better than Xkit's "Blacklist", so I'm glad it still works. I hope Mozilla officially approves the update so fewer people are confused.
Remember,this is only a review of the problem occurring as of this time of writing, I can't say this will work on future tumblr changes.
- by Raffie79, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is awesome, I loved it, but it doesn't work anymore after tumblr changed layout, please fix it! It says that the app is at the update 0.4.6 but here on firefox we still have the 0.4.5 , maybe that's why? (4 stars instead of 5 for this)
- by Dream, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works great until I close out firefox then it goes back to the default settings, I even went into the load/save section to try and copy the code but the right click is disabled. Reinstalling does nothing either. Grrr had so much hope for this add-on.
///UPDATE:///Thank you for the Help!!!!
Bjorn Stromberg (Developer):
"The settings are saved in localstorage, if you clear your cookies/cache/localstorage you erase the settings. Unfortunately, Firefox disables right click in the extension, but you can use Ctrl+C to copy the settings."The settings are saved in localstorage, if you clear your cookies/cache/localstorage you erase the settings. Unfortunately, Firefox disables right click in the extension, but you can use Ctrl+C to copy the settings.