Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14417313, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Simple and convenient.
Drag text, right click, and 'Read out selected text'. Done.
It's like a personal radio broadcasting from a news web page. I don't need to even look into the tab.
- by Firefox user 14072894, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Not bad, simple and small, and a good-look icon. But must select some text to quickly read them aloud, and there's no option to change this default behavior, even if there's a toolbar button to click, it seems not designed for quickly read current page contents. Another extension "Read Aloud" may be more suitable for my usage scene.
- by Sky Gemini, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Nice effort...if it worked. I have various voices installed but only "Anna" actually reads. I can't adjust anything, not volume, speed or pitch and the only way it actually acknowledged text at all was when I had to copy and paste. Sorry, wouldn't work for me.
- by Pedro González, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very good extension! My favourite to translate selected text. If the developer want to translate into spanish for free, please contact with me. I can help.
- by Firefox user 13842727, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works, that's nice. But it appeared to be too cumbersome to use.
Clicking the plugin icon in the toolbar did nothing here (FF58). (Why is it there then?)
The only way I could quickly find to make it speak:
1. Select text. (Perhaps this is optional.)
2. Right-click (selected) text.
3. Select Open TTS Window from the context menu.
4. Click Play in the popup.
I've been spoiled by "Read Out Loud" in Chrome, so I uninstalled this one, sorry.
- by Firefox user 13736450, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works good on Firefox 63.0.3. Unfortunately does not have a shortcut key and Speed not granular enough. Please add more speeds between 1X and 2X! Thank you.