Rated 4.8 out of 5
4.8 Stars out of 5
- by PERCE-NEIGE, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's very cool. But I suggest to add a button to add a search engine quickly from any site (an extension for previous versions of Firefox did that and it was very handy) and I'd like to remove some of the default groups that I would never use.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHello Perce-Neige,
thank you very much for your review. I'm already busy working on version 2.0. Some sort of automatic search detection is planned but might not make it in the initial release, but I also would like to ease the process of adding new sites. That's a really good point and will be added sooner or later.
About the search-groups. Can you be more specific which default-groups you mean?
The predefined groups in your "My Searches" list can easily be removed: just hover over them and then click the remove button. If you mean the default-groups in "Available search-groups" you are right these can't be removed. However your personal created search-groups will always be shown on top of the list so you can easily select them. In the future I might change this so you only see some group suggestions as long as you haven't created your first search-group. I don't know yet, but your feedback has been added to my user feature requests.
Thank you and quick searching,
- by Firefox user 14006348, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Time saving add-on, this is the search engine manager I was looking for.
The option to sort search engines by category : gold.
The option to launch several search by clicking one category : gold.
The option to reverse search images on Tineye or google : gold.
Context menu search + address bar search + popup menu search + website : gold.
The look of the add-on/website could be improved.
Developer responseposted a year agoYeah, 4 time gold winner :-) Great to hear that Trufflepiggy fullfills all your needs.
The add-on is under active development and especially the popup will be completely redesigned in the upcoming weeks and months to further improve the usability and user interface.
So stay tuned,
- by Firefox user 13903117, a year agoRated 5 out of 51. Stop what you're doing.
o "Trufflepiggy - Quick Search" [You Are Here]
o "Trufflepiggy - Context Search" [Go Next]
3. Watch a few tutorial/explanation videos:
o https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUa7dKP3AAN9s8ukDrP8h-w [Official YouTube Channel]
5. Your life literally just became 60% more productive. [Literally]
6. Leave a review. [5 Stars]
o Make sure to let the Developer know if there is a feature missing for you.
o As well as your ideas to improve the Add-On.
o Because he genuinely cares, listens, & implements what he can as quick as he can! [It's dope.]
7. Tell your friends. . . stop what you're doing and tell your friends.
Developer responseposted a year agoHi, thank you very much for this overwhelming review. I appreciate your enthusiasm!
I may should have read this review first before answering your Context Search review.
Thanks for using Quick Search and great to read that you love your productivity boost as much as I do.
Btw I'm currently in the process to update the code base of Quick Search with all the improvements I added for Context Search. So in the future Quick Search may fully incorporate all Context Search features so you only gonna need one extension - while users who only want to use the context menu approach can install Trufflepiggy - Context Search alone.
Thanks again and have a nice day,
- by LostPacket, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Make sure you check out "Trufflepiggy - Context Search" too - it's complementary.
Trufflepiggy seem to be the only WebExtensions that I know of that can perform concurrent searches in multiple configurable groups of search engines ("Context Search" by Olivier De Broqueville can handle a single group only).
Nice featureset, works very well, and the customer service is great. Thank you, Clemens!
- by Firefox user 13475238, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Trufflepiggy hält, was der Entwickler verspricht. Mit diesem Add-on erhält man sehr schnell die Treffer, die auch wirklich zur Suche passen, denn man hat es jetzt selbst in der Hand. Durch die individuelle Erweiterbarkeit kann man die Datenbasis so begrenzen oder ausbauen, dass sehr schnell die benötigten Informationen angezeigt werden. In Preissuchmaschinen werden nur Ergebnisse von den registrierten Online-Shops angezeigt. Wenn man aber immer bestimmte oder sehr viele Shops durchsuchen lassen will, dann ist Trufflepiggy das Tool Ihrer Wahl. Nach und nach erweitert man die Datenbasis um weitere Shops, die man gefunden hat und somit kann Trufflepiggy immer mehr Ergebnisse liefern. Es sind bereits mehrere hundert URLs in der Datenbasis und es werden ständig mehr, wenn die Anwender die Adressen der von ihnen genutzten Websites veröffentlichen. Wenn man es geschickt anstellt und thematisch zusammengehörige Shops in entsprechende Gruppen organisiert, kann man gesuchte Artikel sehr schnell finden. Das ist die große Stärke von Trufflepiggy.