- by David Maisonave, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I highly recommend Trufflepiggy.
This is the App for you if you do a lot of online research or if you frequently search for hard to find online purchases.
Trufflepiggy allows you to select keywords that can be use to open multiple tabs each having a different site's keyword results.
My personal usage examples:
1# On one click get selected product search results on a eBay and Amazon tabs.
2# Get selected hardware keyword results with one click for Home Depot, Lowe's, and True Value.
3# Get selected keyword results on multiple search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, & DuckDuckGo).
4# Get multiple sites search results for Torrents (limetorrents, aiosearch, torrentdownloads, skytorrents, & dirtytorrents).
5# One click keyword source code results for multiple sites at the same time (github, sourceforge, &codeproject).
6# Get a technical answer to a question on multiple sites at the same time.
Trufflepiggy already has many of the above web sites in it's list of sites a user can add to their favorites (My Search Listing), and it's also very easy for user to add new ones.
Users can create groups of search sites, and add the newly created group to their [My Search Listing].
To get results for multiple sites, the user just has to click the group, and click on [Search All].
So don't waste time putting the same keyword on multiple sites, and instead, let Trufflepiggy do it for you automatically.
- by Topopop, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent ! Très bon. Le meilleur add-on pour la recherche par Menu ou Context, que j'ai vu depuis longtemps. Paramétrage facile, et couvrant de très nombreux sites. J'encourage.
- by Firefox user 13693181, a year agoRated 5 out of 5An extremely useful and time-saving add-on for those who conduct many searches within websites. The process has become far less tedious thanks to this well-written and customizable extension. Furthermore, the developer is extremely helpful and responsive should any issue arise.
- by Odin2, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Trufflepiggy provides far and away the most useful way to search on Firefox. Other extensions allow you to search from a word on a page, but to my knowledge Trufflepiggy is unique in its ability to let you modify the search (add search terms) before executing it. You can search using any search engines of your choosing (or use sites not considered search engines). As a bonus, developer Clemens is quickly responsive to any concerns.
- by PERCE-NEIGE, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It's very cool. But I suggest to add a button to add a search engine quickly from any site (an extension for previous versions of Firefox did that and it was very handy) and I'd like to remove some of the default groups that I would never use.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHello Perce-Neige,
thank you very much for your review. I'm already busy working on version 2.0. Some sort of automatic search detection is planned but might not make it in the initial release, but I also would like to ease the process of adding new sites. That's a really good point and will be added sooner or later.
About the search-groups. Can you be more specific which default-groups you mean?
The predefined groups in your "My Searches" list can easily be removed: just hover over them and then click the remove button. If you mean the default-groups in "Available search-groups" you are right these can't be removed. However your personal created search-groups will always be shown on top of the list so you can easily select them. In the future I might change this so you only see some group suggestions as long as you haven't created your first search-group. I don't know yet, but your feedback has been added to my user feature requests.
Thank you and quick searching,
- by Firefox user 14006348, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Time saving add-on, this is the search engine manager I was looking for.
The option to sort search engines by category : gold.
The option to launch several search by clicking one category : gold.
The option to reverse search images on Tineye or google : gold.
Context menu search + address bar search + popup menu search + website : gold.
The look of the add-on/website could be improved.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoYeah, 4 time gold winner :-) Great to hear that Trufflepiggy fullfills all your needs.
The add-on is under active development and especially the popup will be completely redesigned in the upcoming weeks and months to further improve the usability and user interface.
So stay tuned,
- by Firefox user 13903117, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 51. Stop what you're doing.
o "Trufflepiggy - Quick Search" [You Are Here]
o "Trufflepiggy - Context Search" [Go Next]
3. Watch a few tutorial/explanation videos:
o https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUa7dKP3AAN9s8ukDrP8h-w [Official YouTube Channel]
5. Your life literally just became 60% more productive. [Literally]
6. Leave a review. [5 Stars]
o Make sure to let the Developer know if there is a feature missing for you.
o As well as your ideas to improve the Add-On.
o Because he genuinely cares, listens, & implements what he can as quick as he can! [It's dope.]
7. Tell your friends. . . stop what you're doing and tell your friends.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi, thank you very much for this overwhelming review. I appreciate your enthusiasm!
I may should have read this review first before answering your Context Search review.
Thanks for using Quick Search and great to read that you love your productivity boost as much as I do.
Btw I'm currently in the process to update the code base of Quick Search with all the improvements I added for Context Search. So in the future Quick Search may fully incorporate all Context Search features so you only gonna need one extension - while users who only want to use the context menu approach can install Trufflepiggy - Context Search alone.
Thanks again and have a nice day,
- by LostPacket, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Make sure you check out "Trufflepiggy - Context Search" too - it's complementary.
Trufflepiggy seem to be the only WebExtensions that I know of that can perform concurrent searches in multiple configurable groups of search engines ("Context Search" by Olivier De Broqueville can handle a single group only).
Nice featureset, works very well, and the customer service is great. Thank you, Clemens!
- by Firefox user 13475238, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Trufflepiggy hält, was der Entwickler verspricht. Mit diesem Add-on erhält man sehr schnell die Treffer, die auch wirklich zur Suche passen, denn man hat es jetzt selbst in der Hand. Durch die individuelle Erweiterbarkeit kann man die Datenbasis so begrenzen oder ausbauen, dass sehr schnell die benötigten Informationen angezeigt werden. In Preissuchmaschinen werden nur Ergebnisse von den registrierten Online-Shops angezeigt. Wenn man aber immer bestimmte oder sehr viele Shops durchsuchen lassen will, dann ist Trufflepiggy das Tool Ihrer Wahl. Nach und nach erweitert man die Datenbasis um weitere Shops, die man gefunden hat und somit kann Trufflepiggy immer mehr Ergebnisse liefern. Es sind bereits mehrere hundert URLs in der Datenbasis und es werden ständig mehr, wenn die Anwender die Adressen der von ihnen genutzten Websites veröffentlichen. Wenn man es geschickt anstellt und thematisch zusammengehörige Shops in entsprechende Gruppen organisiert, kann man gesuchte Artikel sehr schnell finden. Das ist die große Stärke von Trufflepiggy.