To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
* You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
* When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
* The tree of tabs can be showin at rightside.
* Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
* You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
* You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2324 ) or other session-management addons.
* Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
* Tab bar can be moved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
* This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs. (See also http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api )
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE ( http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextension/index.html.en ) for Firefox 2. Multiple Tab Handler ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4838 ) can work with this. drag-and-do features of it will be more useful. Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930 ) also works. With the Multiple Tab Handler, Firefox becomes like old Firefox powered by TBE.
If you don't want that Tree Style Tab automatically builds the tree of tabs, you should disable "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttachNewTabsAsChildren" by about:config. Then, you'll see tree only when you make a tree by hand, ex. drag and drop.
Pano (tree in the sidebar, based on Panorama) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/pano/
Tab Utilities (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tab groups) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-utilities/
Tab Kit (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tree of tabs) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5447/
Vertical Tabs (alternative for TST + Multiple Tab Handler) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/108862/
For developers, Tree Style Tab provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Open additional information for the current page as a "child" tab.
* Get tabs by the tree structure. For example, "parent", array of "children", next/previous "sibling", and so on.
* Collapse and expand sub tree.
* Observe changing of collapsed state of sub tree.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api
- Scrollbar in the tab bar couldn't operated by mouse if you show the menu bar, at Firefox 47 on Windows.
- The tab bar was wrongly fixed to "overflowed" state after you shrink the tab bar too narrow.
- Better compatibility with the "Dark" theme of Firefox Developer Edition.
- Better compatibility with FireGestures.
- The width of expanded tab bar isn't enlarged too much, when shrunken tab bar is going to be wider than expanded tab bar.
- Introduce a new secret preference
extensions.treestyletab.controlNewTabPositionto disable new tab position control by TST itself. When you use any other addon like Tab Mix Plus which provides ability to control new tab position for bookmarks or others, you possibly get better experience with turning it to
- The hidden tab bar is never expanded for feedback around pinned tabs.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: