To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
* You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
* When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
* The tree of tabs can be showin at rightside.
* Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
* You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
* You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2324 ) or other session-management addons.
* Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
* Tab bar can be moved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
* This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs. (See also http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api )
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE ( http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextension/index.html.en ) for Firefox 2. Multiple Tab Handler ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4838 ) can work with this. drag-and-do features of it will be more useful. Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930 ) also works. With the Multiple Tab Handler, Firefox becomes like old Firefox powered by TBE.
If you don't want that Tree Style Tab automatically builds the tree of tabs, you should disable "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttach" by about:config. Then, you'll see tree only when you make a tree by hand, ex. drag and drop.
Tab Center https://testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center
Vertical Tabs (Simplified) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs-simplified/
Vertical Tabs Reloaded https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs-reloaded/
Side Tabs https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/side-tabs/
For developers, Tree Style Tab provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Open additional information for the current page as a "child" tab.
* Get tabs by the tree structure. For example, "parent", array of "children", next/previous "sibling", and so on.
* Collapse and expand sub tree.
* Observe changing of collapsed state of sub tree.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api
- Works on lately Firefox versions. (Tested on Nightly 55.0a1.)
- Drop support for Firefox 51 and older versions.
- Introduce a new choice "No control" as the position of new child tabs. If you choose the option, new child tabs from links will be opened like Firefox's default behavior.
- Introduce a new choice "Click" as an action to show shrunken/collapsed tab bar.
- Treat child tabs opened by the preference
- Fix broken configuration UI for the "auto hide delay".
- The position of the tab bar is now changable again by drag and drop.
- Collapse the dragged tree while dragging. The experimental "shrink" behavior in the previous release was removed.
- Open new blank tab as next sibling tab correctly, even if the current tab is in a last tree.
- Restore children tabs correctly when a parent tab is restored by "undo close tab" command.
- Fix visual erros in the "Vertigo" skin.
- Avoid fingerprinting by website authors.
- Added Greek translation by Vangelis Skarmoutsos. Thanks!
- Known issue: opened or expanded tabs sometimes stay invisible until you move the mouse cursor on it, due to Firefox 52's bug. This doesn't happen on Firefox 53 and later. Simple workaround is disabling of tab animations by
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: