To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
* You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
* When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
* The tree of tabs can be showin at rightside.
* Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
* You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
* You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2324 ) or other session-management addons.
* Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
* Tab bar can be moved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
* This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs. (See also http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api )
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE ( http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextension/index.html.en ) for Firefox 2. Multiple Tab Handler ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4838 ) can work with this. drag-and-do features of it will be more useful. Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930 ) also works. With the Multiple Tab Handler, Firefox becomes like old Firefox powered by TBE.
If you don't want that Tree Style Tab automatically builds the tree of tabs, you should disable "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttachNewTabsAsChildren" by about:config. Then, you'll see tree only when you make a tree by hand, ex. drag and drop.
Pano (tree in the sidebar, based on Panorama) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/pano/
Tab Utilities (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tab groups) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-utilities/
Tab Kit (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tree of tabs) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5447/
Vertical Tabs (alternative for TST + Multiple Tab Handler) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/108862/
For developers, Tree Style Tab provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Open additional information for the current page as a "child" tab.
* Get tabs by the tree structure. For example, "parent", array of "children", next/previous "sibling", and so on.
* Collapse and expand sub tree.
* Observe changing of collapsed state of sub tree.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api
- Better compatibility with Tab Badge addon.
- Never touch session history of remote tabs (on e10s activated). It raised exception and broke tree structure when a parent tab is closed and the next parent is a remote tab.
- Gave up to disable the preference
browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent. Now TST respects the default behavior for the preference, about new tabs opened from links.
- All new tabs opened via the
gBrowser.addTab()method with the option
relatedToCurrent:trueor a referrer information are now basically opened as children of the current tab. By this change, new tabs from various other addons will be opened as children of the current tab without any hack.
- New tabs from
window.open()are now opened as orphan tabs, when TST cannot find the possible parent tab from the referrer information.
- A new APIs to open new orphan tab is added:
gBrowser.treeStyleTab.readyToOpenOrphanTabNow(). They are useful to open new independent tab with
relatedToCurrent:true(to go back to the previous "current" tab after the new tab closed immediately).
- Never shrink the tab bar when it is scrolled.
- No more flashing issue of the tab bar in the "auto hide" mode, while moving focus on tabs by Ctrl-Tab.
- Handle long press of the Ctrl key even when
- Fixup tree structure of tabs after moving of tabs by Ctrl-Shift-PageUp/PageDown more correctly.
- Don't shrink/hide the tab bar with simple focus change, if it triggers changing of the visibility of a menu item in the toolbox.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: