To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
* You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
* When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
* The tree of tabs can be showin at rightside.
* Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
* You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
* You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2324 ) or other session-management addons.
* Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
* Tab bar can be moved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
* This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs. (See also http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api )
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE ( http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextension/index.html.en ) for Firefox 2. Multiple Tab Handler ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4838 ) can work with this. drag-and-do features of it will be more useful. Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930 ) also works. With the Multiple Tab Handler, Firefox becomes like old Firefox powered by TBE.
If you don't want that Tree Style Tab automatically builds the tree of tabs, you should disable "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttachNewTabsAsChildren" by about:config. Then, you'll see tree only when you make a tree by hand, ex. drag and drop.
Pano (tree in the sidebar, based on Panorama) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/pano/
Tab Utilities (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tab groups) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-utilities/
Tab Kit (all-in-one addon for tabbed browsing, including vertical tab bar and tree of tabs) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/5447/
Vertical Tabs (alternative for TST + Multiple Tab Handler) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/108862/
For developers, Tree Style Tab provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Open additional information for the current page as a "child" tab.
* Get tabs by the tree structure. For example, "parent", array of "children", next/previous "sibling", and so on.
* Collapse and expand sub tree.
* Observe changing of collapsed state of sub tree.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api
- Width of the tab bar, position of the tab bar, and status of the "auto hide" feature are saved and restored for each window.
- Better compatibility with Duplicate in Tab Context Menu addon.
- Better compatibility with ColorfulTabs. Annoyingly horizontal scroll of the tab bar (happend by clicking on any tab) has been solved.
- Isolated from obsolete
- Isolated from obsolete nsIPopupBoxObject interface on Firefox 36 and later.
- Update appearance of the tab bar correctly, after the sidebar is shown/hidden at Firefxo 39 and later.
- Reset z-index of vertical tabs always to prevent tabs are shown above other browser elements.
- Open child tabs from links correctly on Firefox 36 and later.
- Open child tabs from the web search bar correctly on Firefox 36 and later.
- Open multiple child tabs from a tab by scripts more correctly, for E10S windows.
- Firefox Hello's chat boxes are not placed below tabs anymore.
- Mouse events on the place holder shown when the tab bar is completely hidden are handled correctly to show/hide the tab bar automatically.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: