- Rated 1 out of 5Has recently stopped working for me using FF 72
- Rated 5 out of 5Läuft Super, nie mehr ohne!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5Works like it should, great way to avoid spam and maintain privacy
- Rated 1 out of 5Not working
- Rated 3 out of 5Version 4 in FF57 doesn't work on all the sites that version 3 in FF 56 did.
- Rated 4 out of 5Great add-on. Since other add-ons do not work with Firefox 57, I had to go back to an older version of Firefox. Now, trashmail does not work anymore, setting another password did not bring the desired success, too. Please advice what else to do.
- Rated 1 out of 5Hi,
as this is a legacy addon, it stopped working with Firefox 57.
Would be great if we could get an WebExtension version so it starts working again.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great addon!
- Rated 2 out of 5Doesn't run anymore with FF 54.0 64bits
- Rated 5 out of 5If addresses could be coded to lowercase only, it would be perfect
- Rated 5 out of 5I understand the bad reviews but for the years i'm using it had no problems.
- Rated 2 out of 5The concept is good and when it works, it works well and does everything it purports to do but sooner or later I've experienced times when I don't received expected mail and have to try to contact the person I presume is the owner and get it cleared up. Sometimes this can take days since he doesn't seem to take this business as seriously as I take my email service. I've paid for a higher level of service and don't always get it. I created a disposable email address and waited for a confirmation email from a vendor and never got it. Then I tested it by sending myself email from one of my other email accounts and never got it. No guessing the number of emails I've lost during the days or weeks I haven't noticed. If I continue with this service, because I haven't found an alternative YET, I'll probably have to subscribe to a web site that sends daily emails so I'll notice when they stop. But I'll probably just discontinue using it and find another way to avoid spam. What a pity/shame that the owner can't keep it working properly.
Had it been hours, I wouldn't have noticed it; however, the problem was for several days, at minimum, perhaps a week or longer.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoDear customer,
we had an issue with the filesystem on the outgoing mail server, so we had an outage of about 4 hours. The mails have been queued and send out later. We added a second outgoing server and implemented a load balancing and high availbility to provide in the future a better service with less outages.
Sorry for the issue.
Stephan Ferraro, founder of TrashMail.com
- Rated 3 out of 5The last two sites I tried using Trashmail.com at wouldn't accept the Trashmail email format.I had to use my real email. Most times,sites accept the Trashmail email address.Other than that,it works fine.
- Rated 1 out of 5Required to register. No activation e-mail in exchange. No reply to e-mail from developer. May be abandon-ware. Try something else and don't waste your time.
- Rated 2 out of 5Used this forever, thought it was great. Signed up for an account for my company, too. Now I suddenly get invalid password errors within the addon and though it shows my proper email there is no obvious way to address the password issue so it's useless to me at the moment.
- Rated 2 out of 5Расширения, которые требуют сначала зарегистрироваться на своём ресурсе должны приравниваться к спаму! Регистрация - это зло!
- Rated 1 out of 5This is a very confusing add-on. I added it to Firefox several years ago, stopped using for a while, and then returned to it recently. And, it's no easier to use than it was when I first discovered it.
The available domain names (most begin with "trash") are an obvious hint to the person/organization sending you email that it's going into the trash--not the impression I'd want to make if I want to show any respect at all to that person/organization.
It's not clear when you must sign up for the "plus" account. For instance, I've had a free account for years; yet, I cannot use the permanent email address associated with that account without signing up for a "plus" account.
For some reason, the defaullt email address associated with my account is different from the one to which I want to send trash mail. And, I cannot change the default address.
I don't know how much more confusing and frustrating an add-on could be.
- Rated 3 out of 5**2015 edit** It no longer recognizes a longstanding account and now only has the paid version- despite claiming there still is the free version. I would pay for some services- but now I have some questions about this one. I am going to shop around a bit.
The point is once your email gets contaminated it pretty much is shot and you are going to have to start over. The key is to limit how often you give out your real address until you are sure that the folks you are giving it out to are trustworthy.
If you want high volume or some extra bells and whistles they have a cheap upgrade and it is centered in Europe.
The only thing to consider is disposable mail services will hide you from spammers- but not from big brother. For that other measures such as a VPN and encryption are in order.