Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Added a few "preset" configurations (color schemes and font colors) rather than having to customize each option manually. This is experimental at this time; will explore the option of allowing users to import a configuration file for this in the future.
* Changed the background page to "about:blank" (instead of mozilla.org) when loading offline pages from the options window.
* Minor bug fix to remove the progress bar which was not being removed in some corner cases.
* bug fix to correctly load original page when toggling Tranquility mode for an offline page.
* Bug fix to handle loading mixed security content pages correctly
* Bug fix to handle pre-formatted pages correctly
* Ability to export/import offline content (please be sure to export offline content from version 2.0 and manually import into version 3.0.1)
* Reduced set of customization options; Display font name will have to be typed in manually (limitation of WebExtensions APIs)
* Removed support for background image and wikipedia/wiktionary search facility
* No keyboard shortcut (very limited options available through WebExtensions APIs - waiting for more customization capabilities)
* Several minor bug fixes that were put off until this version
Please note that due to the extensive changes that were made, there may be regression in the code and past bugs that were fixed may reappear. Please leave your comments or send feedback to the support email address so that these bugs can be addressed.
The next version of Tranquility Reader will be written using the new Webextensions APIs. This version will not be able to retrieve the old offline files. An attempt will be made to allow import the offline content that has been exported from version 2.0.
* Moved Menu to the bottom of the window; hide it faster (less obtrusive)
* Tranquility font size will override the page specific cached zoom level
* Support for a background image (FilePicker to select local file)
* Support for custom hex color codes for background, font, links, annotation highlighting
* Converted some hard coded string values to use localization
* Reduced complexity by eliminating support for defaultFontColor and defaultBackgroundColor etc.
* Removed support for versions 16.0 - 19.0
* Removed support for private browsing for pre 20.0 versions of firefox (was generating a warning during validation of earlier releases; and is no longer an issue).
* No longer detect documents with minimal content and no longer warn about document still loading (did not help the user experience; more negative feedback than positive regarding these features)
* Now when offline reading list is requested when the active tab is not in tranquility view (or not a html document, such as the "New Tab" view), then the offline reading list is opened in a new tab.
-- Auto-hide the menu after 10 seconds (the menu was obscuring part of the content). Menu can be expanded using the (+) button.
-- Minor enhancements to the algorithm (delete a larger range of hidden elements in the web page)
- "Read Later" functionality to store tranquility view of pages for offline reading
- Easy access to "Offline Links" view toolbar menu item or in the tranquility view.
- Easy deletion of articles after reading them
- Unclutter your bookmarks menu
Support for customization of link color, line width, text-justification.
Code modified from version 1.1.12 to take care of a corner case where the tranquility version reversed the display order of all the paragraphs in the web page.
- Non-English users can now select the Wikipedia language of choice from the Preferences window
- Images and pre-formatted content will be re-sized to fit within the reading width
- Additional support for multi-page articles. A navigation pane is provided at the top and bottom of the web page to navigate to the Next or Previous page or to a specific numbered page/link, if available
- Code changes to use String Bundles for future localization
- Improved handling of formatted links in the Tranquil Browsing Mode
- If the Print or Single Page View does not return sufficient content Tranquility will now try to process the original page. This may help in some cases where the Print or Single Page View is available only to registered/premium users
- Users can now select the pruning strategy used by Tranquility in its attempt to get a readable web page. The default option is a Conservative pruning strategy. The Moderate and Aggressive pruning strategies may result in truncation of relevant/useful content depending on the structure of the web page