- by balkanboy, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It works well. My only complaint is that images overflow out of the body element. @arunk Could you set CSS for img element to "width:100%"? When setting img width to 100% in Dev tools it displays everything left and right aligned nicely so it is probably just a few lines of CSS code to change in the add-on. Thanks!
Thanks arunk for a fast response!
The images are left and right aligned now in version 3.0.15.
The text paragraph is now actually a bit wider than an image on a right side but it's no big deal.Thanks for the review.
Regarding image scaling problems, I have made some changes in version 3.0.15 (waiting for review/approval) where I try to handle image width better.
Once these changes are available (may take a few days), please see if you see better scaling of images and let me know if it is satisfactory. If not, please do open a ticket on the github page for the extension along with a test webpage so that I can look into it further.
- by circcc, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5bug? grayscale icon is not applyed to context menu.Thank you for pointing out this problem! I forgot about the icon displayed in the context menu.
I looked into the documentation and the icon is being picked up from a default icon value that is specified in a manifest file (packaged along with the extension).
However, I am unable to find any programming API that allows me to change the context menu icon (the documentation indicates that only icons for the sub-menus of the main context menu entry can have customizable icons). I will continue to look into this, in case I've missed something.
- by seamus, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love the way this works! Clicking the 'Tranquility' icon toggles the reader view. It's especially nice for reading "news articles" from most of the media outlets as they are typically crammed with useless (to me) bs. Thanks for this!
Addendum to Firefox: Why is the entry point to writing a review NOT included with the add-on in my "add-on list"? Why do I have to do a "search" to get a link to write a review? Not smart.
- by prempatel8, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works very well, clean interface, just one request, I wish there was a option to keep the images along with the article, sometimes a article is describing a diagram and that images is necessary to read the article.
- by ShiMing, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5How do use (+)read later ?Once you click on (+) and then on the "Read Later" link; you can click on "Offline Links" to get a list of all pages saved for reading later. These are stored locally and accessible even without an internet connection.
The "Offline Links" is available only after Tranquility Reader has processed a page. So, you will first have process some page first before you can access "Offline Links" saved in earlier sessions. This is a limitation of the current design. In future releases, I will try to add more user friendly ways to access the offline content without needing to run Tranquility on some page first.