- by Alex, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Está extensão sana a maior deficiência do Firefox, que era a traduções de páginas inteiras com um clique, utilizando o motor do Google.
Se possível, sugiro ao desenvolvedor que tente obter o selo "Recomendado" ou o sonhado "Certificado" junto a Mozilla... Para que está extensão chegue a mas usuários.
- by Firefox user 14239180, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Eu gosto desta extensão mas ultimamente, venho tendo problemas com ela. Meus livros em formato epub hospedados no Google Livros ficam cortados, perdendo capítulos inteiros enquanto a extensão está ativa. Testei precisamente para descobrir, desabilitando todas as extensões, habilitando uma extensão, reiniciando o navegador e abrindo os livros. Até que o problema se repetiu quando esta extensão ficou ativa. Tirando isso é muito boa mas por causa da universidade, não tenho paciência para ativar e desativar ela 30 vezes por dia. Muito grato ao desenvolvedor e caso queira alguma ajuda para reproduzir o erro e analisar o problema, estou a disposição.
- by SlogleBG, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's great!For the most part it translates instantly and has a great translate too.The only reason I am giving 4 stars insteed of 5 is because it's not perfect,sometimes it just doesn't want to translate,but overal,great add-on :)
- by mischkl, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works very well. The only thing I'd like to see is: when the preference "Show the button to translate the selected text" is disabled, the functionality should still be reachable via an item in the context menu, so that I can right-click selected text to translate it. I have the button disabled because I find it distracting, but would still like to be able to translate small bits of text once in a while.
- by nescafeaccent, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good extension that brings all the good stuff from the Google Chrome counterpart. Yet, I found a bug in the last update. If the option "Show the button to translate the selected text" is disabled, the context menu option to translate selected text won't work. Hoping this helps to bring a fix to it, thank you very much for such a good add-on.
Edit: by the way, I prefer how the icon on the url bar is now displayed, in gray tones rather than the blue icon.
- by Firefox user 12376444, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Нужно, чтобы на переведенной странице, при наведении указателя мыши на переведенный текст, вылазила подсказка с оригинальным текстом. Как в google chrome. Чтобы не приходилось переключать полный перевод страницы туда-сюда.
- by Firefox user 5847503, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Really good extension, just few things bother me, such as:
- lack of one-click solution (I have to click on the urlbar button first and then on "Translate" button)
- button is not visible in urlbar when typing
- lack of visual change of button after translation (e.g. before translation - grayscale filter, after translation - colorful icon).
Anyway, thanks for all your work.
- by Nicolas Miceli, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent addon!
By any chance, can you please include support for Microsoft Translator too? In many cases, it has a better contextual translation than Google.
Many thanks for your work!
- by Christian, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5It's not quite as ideal as the translate features in Chrome, but don't let that scare you off! It still works very well (probably 90% as well as Chrome's service). I left Chrome because, you know, Orwellian data collection... but I use a Russian site a lot, and I was afraid I would have to keep using Chrome for that; once installed and set to my preferences, this little gem saved the day. I HIGHLY recommend this translator extension. And with continued downloads and support, I imagine it will be indistinguishable from Chrome before too long. Thank you to the developer!
- by ShuMing, a year agoRated 4 out of 5说实话，怎么没有以前好用了呢？The new version of Google Translate allows the mainland China network to use it, but when using a network outside mainland China, the translator seems to be sluggish than before? Can you add the international version of Google Translator?
Plus：The translator does not translate the subsequent text in the webpage like before.
Reply：I used the version around June 20 last time, maybe 5.5.1 to 5.5.3? This version can translate subsequent text in web pages. Of course, my address is in mainland China, but I can also access the US network with a very fast speed. I just think the translation speed is slower than before sometimes. As for privacy, if it can makes add ‘s on is easier to use, I choose to trust Google and Yandex. Our goal is to make add‘s on easier to use, right?
Developer responseposted a year agoReply: In version 6.5 released today, are translations faster for you?
Reply: I believe it seems to be slower because the page is translated in one go. And not while scrolling the page.
I will add the option to use widgets instead of my algorithm.
This extension emerged this year and is gradually evolving. And it was easy to use for a long time, which version did you use before?
I recently stopped using the Google and Yandex widgets and started using my own algorithm on the pages, and this algorithm sends the texts to Google Or Yandex servers. I did this because some pages were not translated with widgets and to ensure more privacy.
During translation Google inverts some words, it is complicated to implement this in my algorithm, so some words are not in the right position.
About translation speed. Yandex translates slower, check in the settings which translation engine is using. If you are using Google and are slow it may be because the translations are done by (translate.googleapis.com) which is an American server. When the translations used the widget, perhaps it was used a server closer.
I'll add a way to use widgets instead of the new algorithms.