Rated 3.6 out of 5
3.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13606966, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good add on so far.
One big problem after updating is that google queries lead to error. The google query is marked as red entry in the log window.
After disabling google as search engine, the add works correct again.
Version of Firefox: 57.0.2 (64-bit)
Please fix this problem
- by E.Debeaune, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5For the last few days, your application get stuck on "error" unexpectedly.
And, more importantly, when I enable it, a tab with the homepage of "Google france" opens. (And disappear when I disable "TrackMeNot".
Using Windows 7
- by Firefox user 13041340, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This used to work fine, but with the latest updates I'm just getting "Error". I have uninstalled and re-installed, but no luck
- by Firefox user 12604544, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)
Add-ons: Adnauseam, TrackMeNot
Black List problems:
- Original terms can be deleted BUT new terms cannot be added.
- The check mark of "Generate queries including keywords monitored by DHS" disappears after refresh.
Please add the option "White list" so we can add our own words to be included in search queries.
- by Firefox user 13260794, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5french rss feeds do not seem to operate correctly. If alone in the list, no query is sent, and if just added after a | no french query is done. Maybe the syntax of the url i use is incorrect or unusable ? ex. http://www.lefigaro.fr/rss .....
- by Arvind Dilawar, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Been using it for years. Has been great, but started reading "Error" since the most recent update, which happened today, June 8, 2017, I believe.
- by Sharklaser, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I was using this for a day, thought it was pretty cool and was enjoying it, then I searched for something and my default engine had changed to Yahoo!. I saw some other reviews say the same thing from a couple months ago, the developer had replied saying he would fix it but it's still not fixed. I'm uninstalling until that gets fixed. Too annoying to deal with. And just plain weird. Why would that even happen?
- by Cliff Berg, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5After removing my Firefox installation and then re-installing it and adding back each of my extensions one by one, I have determined that it is TrackMeNot that is periodically resetting my default search engine to Yahoo. This is very unethical IMO, and if they do this, who knows what else the extension does. It should be removed from the Mozilla extensions library.
- by Firefox user 12758353, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5To replicate:
Change default search engine to 'DuckDuckGo'
Restart browser again.
Your default search engine has been replaced with Yahoo.com
Disable addon, repeat process, default browser remains the same.
- by Fawzley, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Lack of privacy is a concern for all. Dithering privacy regulation(s) permit interests to snoop on internet users. Opening doors to surveillance, data-profiling & abuses.
If I understand correctly, TrackMeNot beclouds snoopers. Cleverly throws a monkey wrench in the snoop feeding-frenzy by inserting false leads (random internet transactions) into the data stream. Skewing the profile.
Runs quietly in background.
Give TrackMeNot a big fat attaboy!
- by Firefox user 11705650, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5I use DuckDuckGo by default and try to only use Google when necessary. This extension though overrides Firefox' setting of the default search engine. I have to remove it.
- by Firefox user 12065257, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is just what I was looking for. I was thinking about writing a program that ran in the background to do this same obfuscation thing, but this works just great. Ha! They take your data, use it against you.
This is how we fight back. They want data? Let's give it to them. Trillions of gigs of garbage. While you are at it, invest in an RFID wallet to put your phone in so that can't be tracked either. If enough people do this then the data will lose all meaning.
I Love it.