Track Package Version History
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Fixed history window losing focus when tracking a package.
- Removed first run functionality since it stopped working long ago.
Fixed a bug where re-tracking a package already in the tracking history would sometimes mangle the history.
- Added support for Thunderbrowse.
- Context menu tracking now checks the history for the correct carrier before attempting to determine it via the definitions.
Added toolbar drop-down list feature that shows recently tracked items.
Added optional private browsing mode support to Firefox (for tracking history).
Added support for SeaMonkey 2.0+.
Fixed toolbar button icon.
Fixed handling of tracking numbers with spaces in Thunderbird.
Fixed a bug in Thunderbird where the extension wouldn't work if a custom useragent string is defined.
Update compatibility for Thunderbird 3.0. Fixed broken definitions updater.
Fixed a bug with not being able to edit notes field in tracking history.
Updated for Firefox 3.0 and fixed a readonly textbox bug.
v2.2: Fixed a bug causing non-smart-sense mode not to work.
- Packages tracked via the Google Maps feature will now go into the Tracking History.
- Packages in the Tracking History can now be tracked with Google Maps (if feature is enabled).
- Individual tracking history items can be deleted using the delete key.
v1.8: Added "Notes" section to Tracking History so you can add a note to remember which tracking number is what package. Note that for my own convenience the notes section does not support semicolon or comma characters - they will be converted to spaces if you try to enter them.
Added ability to double click item in tracking history to track it (no need to click "Track Selection" unless you want to track multiple selections).
Fixed problem with context menu option coming up in thunderbird compose window (which is not supported), and fixed a problem with history not working with tab option on.
Added updating regex/url preferences from an XML file hosted at trackpackageextension.com. Can also save current regex/url preferences to an XML file, allowing users to use their own custom preferences easily across multiple firefox installs.
- Added "Reset to Defaults" buttons to regex and url tabs in options.
- Added cancel button to options screen.
- Added Google Maps tracking feature via PackageMapping.com. PackageMapping.com currently supports UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS.
- Fixed bug where smart-sense Track Package option would appear in context menu even if there was no valid regex match.
- Added proper uninstall (deletes all trackpackage preferences).
- Fixed bug with default regex preferences.
Adds toolbar button to automatically link all tracking numbers on the current page/message. See your toolbar customize menu to add the new button.
- If a tracking number is already linked, the existing link will likely get mangled.
- If there is text on the page that resembles a tracking number (e.g., an order number), there is a good chance it will match as a tracking number and be linked. There is no way around this; you just have to know what numbers are supposed to be tracking numbers.
Added ability to customize regular expressions that determine which carrier's page to go to, and to customize the URL's that are built for each carrier. See the options screen for the extension to perform your own customizations.
- Pulling regex and URL def's from a file over the internet. No more downloading a new version when a carrier changes their URL format!
- Toolbar button that automatically turns all tracking numbers on the current page into links to the appropriate carrier's page.
Added tracking history. Now you can re-track packages from the "Tracking History..." Tools menu option instead of going back to the original page you tracked from. See the options screen to set maximum number of packages to keep in history.
Added Purolator support (a Canadian shipping company)
- Fixed support for some rare FedEx numbers.
- Added Canada Post support.
- Fixed preference problem causing the extension to break for first-time users.
- Updated compatibility for Firefox 1.5
- Added Thunderbird support
- Fixed DHL support
- Added option to open tracking page in tab instead of window