Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Please note that TMT will not work by the end of 2017 (as suggested by AMO editors). Thank you for your support.
- Fix missing pin icon
- Fix multiple rows height
- Fix send tab by TMT arrow issue (All platforms should use double click to send selected tab)
- fix favicon issue for FF22
- fix error in TMT options
- Fix export profile information error in OSX
- Adjust TMT toolbar position
- Fix tab coloring
- Update locales
- Fix "Can't send tab to TMT" bug if fail to extract the session data
- Fix empty "Rows" in Options when launched via the shortcut in TMT toolbar
- Update de,ru locales
- Drop support before 3.5
- Handle a case when list of enabled addons are not detected correctly
- Conflict with Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar that causes flickering in Firefox 3.6.* is fixed
- We advice Firefox 3.6.* users to downgrade to 1.2.0 if you experience any problem after the upgrade, go back to this link to install the old version
To Firefox 4.07b users
- ubuntu FF 4.07b users please disable an addon called "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications", o.w. the custom toolbar buttons will disappear
- Copy information to profile bug fixed, please remember to include your profile information when you send us a bug report
Addon download is unstable recently, you may need to retry several times.
- TMT toolbar position & TMT icon (in selected tab) now plays nicely with 'Tabs on top' in FF4
- Bug fix the backup & restore function in 1.3.0
More details: http://blog.visibotech.com/2010/11/toomanytabs-131-now-compatible-with.html
* Open All Tabs in new window
* Tab URL now shows in TMT tab's tooltip
* Users can now change the default read only mode of TMT folder to editable. By change the TMT folder to editable, you can edit it manually in the FF library. For example, rearrange TMT rows. However, we suggest users to backup TMT tabs before making any significant changes in the folder.
* Support private browsing. By default, TMT will not remember recently closed tabs if users is in Private Browsing. You can change this preference (extensions.TooManyTabs@visibotech.com.privateMode) in about:config if you prefer otherwise.
* TMT toolbar now hide correctly after toggle from View > Toolbars menu in auto-hide mode
* Fix the delay when collapsing TMT toolbar during Firefox's launch
- Properly handle incorrect TMT folder structure (which may happen after using a third party bookmark synchronization tool)
- Fixed a bug where multiple rows are shown even if number of visible rows is set to 1
- Added compatibility updates for Firefox 3.7 alpha
- Added French translation by loreker, thanks!
Thanks to the translator, ranvis!
- Now TMT tabs will open in the current tab if it is empty
- Send tab automatically by domain. After the 'Domain Row' option is enabled, simply name a TMT row by a specific domain, e.g. 'google.com'. When you click the TMT arrow later to send a tab to TMT, if it is from 'google.com', then it would be sent to the row 'google.com' directly.
- New status button for toggling TMT. If you prefer the status bar than the toolbar palette button, go to options to show this new status button now!
- You can now see the url in status bar when mouse over a TMT tab
- Two new confirm prompts are added. One is before 'Restore TMT tabs' and the other one is 'Send All Tab to TMT'
- Two new locales added! Thanks Edgard Dias Magalhaes(pt-BR) & Nguyễn Hoàng Long(vi-VN) for the translation.
- Adding new row in options made easier. In the 'Add Row' prompt, simply check the 'Insert new row BEFORE currently selected row' box. Then the new row would be added right BEFORE the selected row in the options.
- Sometimes, users may see a display glitches caused by a corrupted toolbar setting (see the image before). TMT1.1.2 will automatically restore the default set of TMT buttons if the glitch happens. If the problem still persist, please right click on the FF toolbar, click 'Customize > Restore Default Set' to reset the corrupted setting.
- Multi-row view that shows multiple rows at the same time.
- To enable multi rows, users can go to Options > Interface > TMT Toolbar, and choose the number of visible rows. Or add the multi-row palette button to your toolbar via the customize toolbar dialog.
- New combo buttons for those who have 3 visible rows or more. This button is hidden if you have 1 or 2 visible rows only.
- For easier communication, a new bug report button is added in TMT options. Before submitting a bug report, please go to TMT options and click this button. Then paste the profile information in the email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- The conflict between the TMT tab context menu and the mouse gesture of FoxTab on Mac & Linux is fixed.
- The flickering issue caused by the conflict between TMT and Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar is fixed.
Firefox 3.6 users can update to this version.
- Fully customizable toolbar
- List all tabs in row button
- Send ALL tabs to TMT
- Rename TMT tab
- Automatic select the row when tabs are added
- Adjust position of Options Shortcut in "Row Menu"
Bug Fix & Compatibility
- Anycolor (TMT toolbar height issues)
- Full screen mode (position at the bottom and autohide with urlbar)
- Send a Firefox tab to a new row
- Right click on a TMT tab to view its history
- Drag & drop tabs between TMT, FF tab bar and browsers (Note: fully supported by Firefox 3.5. In FF3.0, the original tab cannot be removed and its tab state & history cannot be stored when dragging from FF tab bar to TMT bar)
- Backup & Restore/ transfer stored tab
- Change TMT toolbar position
- Remember recently closed tabs
- Pin tabs by default
- Send tab to TMT by double click/single click
- Show TMT in full screen mode
Add- on Compatibility
- Send Group of tabs to TMT in Tab Kit and Tree Tab Style (Details in this http://blog.visibotech.com/2009/06/toomanytabs-044-with-tab-kit-tree-style.html)
- 'Faviconize Tab' add-on users can now use double click to send tab to TMT
- Now compatible with Persona on Linux
- Users can change tab color on 'Little Fox Theme'
- Favicon issues: lost favicon on some sites, the 'spinning wheel' favicon disappear after mouseover when page is still loading
- TMT autohide failed in some situations
- Send link on web page directly to TooManyTabs, just mouse over a link and right click, choose "TooManyTabs" > "Send Link to TooManyTabs"
- You can now use the shortcut key "Ctrl+Alt+M" (Cmd+Alt+M on Mac) to toggle TooManyTabs directly
- Simple scroll on the row selector to change row
- Hide close button on pinned tabs to prevent closing them accidentally
- Simple rearrange you rows using drag & drop in the add-on options panel
- A warning tooltip is shown if a row has an invalid shortcut key
- Fixed the missing favicon in some websites
- Fixed interface bug due to corrupted bookmarks description
- Fix broken themes in TooManyTabs Linux version
- Drag & drop to re-arrange tabs on TMT row
- Rearrange row order in options panel
- New options - Do not pop up tabs to TMT using the yellow arrow when TMT is hidden. You can still send tab directly using the "Send Tab to TooManyTabs" command
- Closed button in TMT tabs only appear when mouse over
- In the "Send Tab to TooManyTabs" menu, the currently selected row is checked by a tick, the bracket behind the row name now shows the number of tab stored each row
- If TMT is hidden when shut down, it would remain hidden when Firefox starts next time
Bug Fix & Compatibility
- Fix the conflict with "Closed button - Place on left" in TabMixPlus
- Fix the bug that results tab history not restored properly in some cases
1. Right click on the content area to open TooManyTabs context menu
- Hide/Show TooManyTabs (when toolbar is invisible in Full Mode)
- Send Tabs to TooManyTabs (when tab bar is invisible)
2. The select row menu now shows a preview of the rows
3. Remove limits on the number of tabs per row (row is scrollable now)
4. New locale (zh-TW) Added(Thanks Wang Wini for the translation)
5. New easier way to modify select row shortcut
1. No more "Row is full" warning
2. Closed tabs now show correct favicon in Firefox history
3. New preferences to disable Visibo homepage from popping out incorrectly
1. New Options panel that allows
- Add more rows (unlimited)
- Rename rows
- Delete rows
- Assign shortcut keys for row selection
2. Run TooManyTabs on multiple windows
- You can now run TooManyTabs in multiple windows. Tabs in on TooManyTabs will be synchronized across windows.
3. New command added to Firefox tab context menu
- Right on any tab on normal tab bar and click "Send Tab to TooManyTabs" then choose the row to add the tab to TooManyTabs immediately without selecting it
Bug Fixed & Compatibility Issues:
1. Compatible with the theme "chomifox 1.0"
2. Tab data migrated to Firefox Places* to prevent tab loss
* "Places" is where Firefox stored your bookmarks & history. Tabs stored in TooManyTabs (0.4.*) will be visible to add-ons or services that have access to your bookmarks.
1. Clear Recently Closed Tabs History
- A new command is added at the bottom of the Recently Closed Tabs menu; click to clear your tab history
2. Show and Hide TMT row by toggle button
- You can hide or show TooManyTabs using a toggle button. Right click on the Firefox toolbar, click "Customize...". Drag the "Toggle TMT" button to your toolbar. Toggle the button to hide or show TMT row
3. Auto hide TMT row with adjustable delay
- In Options dialog, check "Automatically Hide TooManyTabs Row", TMT will hide automatically when your mouse is away after a certain delay
4. Adjust the minimum width of TMT tabs
- In Options dialog, you can adjust the minimum width of TMT tabs to increase the number of tabs allowed in each row
5. New Options dialog accessible from TooManyTabs directly
Bug Fixed & Compatibility Issues
1. Improved compatibility with
- Tree Style Tab (Tabs remove when add to TooManyTabs. Pin icon correctly shown)
- Tab Scope (Preview visible)
- Tab Mix Plus (Pin icon & close button correctly shown, solve cannot close tab)
2. Fixed tab lost due to a nasty network issue