Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- there is an option for showing indicators for paused GIFs
- there are options for pausing GIFs on unhover, and for clicking outside the image
- the black-/whitelist now supports matching by prefixes (say, "file:")
- the Pause/Break key can now be chosen as shortcut
- (some) GIFVs are now supported
- small bug fixes/performance improvements
A whole lot of code has changed, so there may be some regressions. Reports are appreciated.
- Made it possible to enable/disable GIF animations for only a subset of web sites.
- Added an option for playing on hover as soon as the image loads.
- Made the shortcuts configurable.
- the "Pause GIFs by default" option now just sets the about:config pref image.animation_mode to "none" (fixes a bug with GIFs animating when they should not, and might improve page load performance)
- fixed wrong positioning of hover buttons inside tables
- experimental support for Firefox for Android
- There is an option for toggling GIF animation on click (off by default).
- There is an option for defaulting GIFs to paused state, equivalent to setting image.animation_mode to "none" in about:config (off by default).
- Finally, for good measure, there is also an option for disabling the Ctrl+M and Shift+M shortcuts (if they conflict with something).
- Fixes a bug where Ctrl+M sometimes wouldn't work within frames
- Uses Ctrl+M instead of Cmd+M on Mac (the latter apparently means "minimize"?)