To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- there is an option for showing indicators for paused GIFs
- there are options for pausing GIFs on unhover, and for clicking outside the image
- the black-/whitelist now supports matching by prefixes (say, "file:")
- the Pause/Break key can now be chosen as shortcut
- (some) GIFVs are now supported
- small bug fixes/performance improvements
A whole lot of code has changed, so there may be some regressions. Reports are appreciated.
- Made it possible to enable/disable GIF animations for only a subset of web sites.
- Added an option for playing on hover as soon as the image loads.
- Made the shortcuts configurable.
- the "Pause GIFs by default" option now just sets the about:config pref image.animation_mode to "none" (fixes a bug with GIFs animating when they should not, and might improve page load performance)
- fixed wrong positioning of hover buttons inside tables
- experimental support for Firefox for Android
- There is an option for toggling GIF animation on click (off by default).
- There is an option for defaulting GIFs to paused state, equivalent to setting image.animation_mode to "none" in about:config (off by default).
- Finally, for good measure, there is also an option for disabling the Ctrl+M and Shift+M shortcuts (if they conflict with something).
- Fixes a bug where Ctrl+M sometimes wouldn't work within frames
- Uses Ctrl+M instead of Cmd+M on Mac (the latter apparently means "minimize"?)