Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by AirPower4ever, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5I used this as well and helped me buy a lot of computer items at Newegg. Great tool. But they too might have changed as I do not see the little camel anymore at Newegg and Newegg's website has changed it's layout.
- by redcat72, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5Loved this add-on, but it no longer works on Amazon.com. You can still go to camelcamelcamel.com and paste the link for the item on Amazon to see a price history. But it's a pain that it's being blocked now.
- by iamrunninghoove, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have been using this great tool and thrilled that my purchases help provide multiple streams of income straight into the Camel's mouth, they deserve every dollar of affiliate income derived from the products I buy!
No savvy NewEgg.com or Best Buy shopper should be without this tool, it provides immense leverage when buying that cool new gadget you've just gotta have and helps determine lowest price historical data and whether or not the merchant's latest liquidation, blowout, extravaganza or clearance sale is really all they claim or just a bunch of smoke & mirrors, fake markdowns off inflated prices or everyday prices with rebate hassles attached (and who wants those!)
It would be great if the Camelizer could be interfaced with that really cool Lowest-Price Search Engine "TheFind.com" which has tens of thousands of merchants, not just a few big ones.
In any event, Camelizer is a must have Firefox Add-on, even if its usability and breadth has sadly being narrowed down to just two.
I find both Camilizer and TheFind.com as the web's most indispensable tools for daily use. Camelizer far exceeds the competition, even if greedy multinational corporations like BP.. err, I mean Amazon, have banned/blocked both Camelizer and TheFind.com so they can scam, fleece and hoodwink unsuspecting customers out of money with bogus "lowest price of the season" sales, when in reality, tools like Camelizer told you the truth behind Amazon's price-fix and market-manipulation. I realize now all the big boys play dirty and I will have no part of it.
In fact, I just deleted my Amazon account, after 11 years and spending tens of thousands of dollars with them, shopping Amazon is now a pointless endeavor and virtually useless without my trusty Camelizer working to reveal hidden truths at every click and turn of the page.
Amazon, shame on you! Bite the hand that feeds you? That's Epic Fail.
- by k c, 11 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love this app. Use it to follow wanted items, get notifications when price drops to selected level, check price history. Unfortunately, it has stopped working on Amazon's site (hence only 4 stars). Still up on NewEgg. Google search on this failure doesn't provide any useful info. I'm wondering "why me?"
- by Glenn Otaguro, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5CamelCamelCamel is an invaluable tool for shopping on Amazon.com - it gives me more confidence on purchases made on Amazon. Even if it's temporary, I'm disappointed Amazon.com is disabling something that promotes a great deal of valuable information. Without it, I will think twice about buying items on Amazon.Com
- by ChinchX, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5i cannot -- no, *will not* live without this add-on. there are other similar add-ons, but with the websites that go along with the add-on (or maybe the add-on is secondary to the websites?) -- either way, A+ on this one. if you are one of those people like me who is always looking for deals and watching the prices of certain products that you want... do yourself a favor and download this. you'll never shop online without it again. developer seems to be a nice guy too. so to Cosmic Shovel -- thank you 1,000x for this and the sites! the world is a better place because of you! haha... enough b*** kissing for now. (don't know if we can say the b-word on here -- such nasty language! so i'll go ahead and censor it myself)
this, along with my girlfriend, taught me something for next year when christmas shopping -- you'll get some super deals a few weeks before christmas.. then they'll jack them up again to normal price about a week before! i lost out on a lot of good ones because i figured they'd kept getting lower until christmas. learned my lesson! i've never seen a product go from 1/3rd normal price, to full price in an instant. tricky retailers!
- by Gyropopolis, 11 years agoRated 4 out of 5Although a lot of people will be using this app this holiday season, its a great tool for getting the best textbook prices as well. I've already used it to research prices for my textbooks for next semester.
- by ChairmanMauzer, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5This easy to use innovative add-on will provide price tracking support while you browse your favorite shopping sites (Amazon, Overstock, Backcountry, Best-Buy to name a few). Especially during these tough economic times we're living in, any options to help stretch hard earned dollars goes a long ways.
- by Weaponsofmasspercussion, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is, as previously mentioned, a great Xmas shopping tool, as well as being great for any other type of shopping! Cosmic Shovel has really made it easy to get the information necessary to make confident purchases.
- by D-Ray01, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5I find this add-on to be fascinating, useful, and recommended. The add-on is excellent in tracking prices on websites such as Amazon, Best Buy, and Newegg. It's great for comparing electronics, DVDs, games, etc. I highly recommend this add-on, and it has been useful for my Christmas shopping.
- by Prindle, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5I found this addon by accident while looking for something else. Very nice simple plugin that only shows it self when on a site that supports it. On NewEgg you get a nice little bar on the left that you can click to view the graph for the product you are viewing. Very very handy to see a basic price history for the item. This plugin is highly recommended!
- by EnjoyBjork, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like to do some research before I buy things and I find Camelizer very helpful in organizing prices in a visual way. I wish I'd had this when I bought my digital SLR a few years ago!