The Browser Highlighter 1.0.26486
This policy applies to your use of the Browser Highlighter, and tells you how eBay uses and protects the information we collect for Browser Highlighter.
What does Browser Highlighter do? Browser Highlighter is designed to integrate content from some of the best websites and applications around to make the web pages you visit richer and more functional. Browser Highlighter adds plug-ins to the pages you visit with all kinds of additional useful features, like:
* The PayPal Plug-in provides a virtual debit card that allows you to use your PayPal account to check out on the web, even where PayPal is not accepted. The PayPal Plug-In also allows you to store your receipts as a record of your purchases and auto-fill forms with your PayPal information online.
* Skype Phone Number Recognition will change any phone number on a web page into a clickable button that you can use to dial with Skype.
* Compare from eBay places “compare” buttons next to items you shop for on certain search and shopping sites, which you can click to show the bargains eBay has to offer.
* StumbleUpon discovers web sites based on your interests, learns what you like and brings you more. Just press the "Stumble!" button to discover your web.
At no time will Browser Highlighter remove any content from the websites you browse. Our plug-ins are layered over the pages – don’t worry, we’ll do our best not to cover up anything important.
Alerts Plug-in. The Browser Highlighter's alerts platform pushes important notifications to you in in real-time. These notifications allows you to stay on top of things like eBay auctions that you've been outbid on or are ending soon so you never miss out.
The Alerts platform holds an eBay token which allows Alerts to authenticate you as an eBay user on your behalf, using this authentication we will Alert you as to various activities on the Auctions you are bidding on or watching based on your preference settings.
Information Collection and Use. Browser Highlighter integrates the services of the eBay corporate family. Depending on the plug-ins you activate, the eBay, PayPal or Skype privacy policies will also apply.
* PayPal Auto-Fill allows you to download from PayPal all the contact information you usually use for forms and shipping. We store this information locally on your computer and use it to auto-fill forms online for you.
* Skype Phone Number Recognition connects you to your Skype account if you click on a highlighted number.
* Compare from eBay processes information about the products you search for on certain e-commerce websites, to provide you with the comparison results. Compare from eBay also allows us to collect some anonymous information about these searches and other interactions with eBay content and advertising. We use this anonymous information in the aggregate to measure and improve the content and information we provide to our users.
If you provide an email address or name when you submit a question or suggestion on www.browserhighlighter.com, we’ll use the information you provide to respond to your question or suggestion.
Information Sharing. We may share the information we collect:
* With members of our corporate family – like eBay, PayPal and Skype – where it may be used to provide joint content and services, detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and enforce our policies, and for other business purposes.
* With service providers under contract who help with our business operations.
* Where required by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights and interests of us or our users.
User Controls and Uninstall. Your Browser Highlighter preferences allow you to control how the various plug-ins operate. You can choose which plug-ins to turn on or off with the browser extension drop-down menu. You can uninstall the Browser Highlighter using the uninstaller available within your browser or via the Windows Add/Remove Programs function.
Security. The information the Browser Highlighter collects may be stored encrypted locally or on our servers in the United States. We use lots of tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.