- Rated 2 out of 5(5-star) Very useful addon to deal with websites that use too little contrast, set text sizes that are too small, etc. Still has trouble with text-shadow though.
UPDATE 2019-04-10: downgrading it to 2-star for now. It is causing frequent freezes which is very annoying when typing in Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5I've just installed it an first impressions are very good.
- Rated 5 out of 5With a big scroll bar that you can pop up, it is possible to quickly and easily adjust the text on any website. You see in real time what is happening, i.e. you do not have to reload the page to see the effect.
A zillion stars for wonderful Add-On!
- Rated 4 out of 5Please add auto textwrap option
- Rated 5 out of 5Font sice change works on my tablet perfect.
- Rated 5 out of 5This seems to be the best add-on for making text easier to read. Thanks a ton for making it :-).
- Rated 5 out of 5I Love the developer who just's wants a bowl of soup. And some to talk too.... Once I figured it out on Chrome I cam here to get it for my Firefox! oh yeah babbyyy!
- Rated 2 out of 5Disable is not reliable.
1. visit https://www.logilab.org/
2. use the Legibility icon to disable Legibility
3. close the tab
4. open a new tab
5. visit https://www.logilab.org/
- no effect of Legibility
- effects of Legibility
– but the workaround is not persistent.
I first found this problem with Legibility for Firefox, added to Waterfox 220.127.116.11_7 on FreeBSD-CURRENT.
Reproducible with Legibility on Chromium 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on FreeBSD-CURRENT.
- Rated 5 out of 5After installation I configured settings but can't find the control after making web search results page text too dark. How can I reach settings for add on again?
- Rated 3 out of 5Very useful Add-on but I had to uninstall it. When the app is disabled it still formats text. I have to enable it and then disable it for the original page presentation. At first I thought the add-on created a registry of visited urls and saved their settings, but that isn't the case. It would, however, be a great feature. I would continue using this add-on because I agree with the developer's premise: light gray text on a white background is completely insane. I hope the developer has some input, which I would eagerly welcome.
- Rated 5 out of 5I installed this on my windows 10 computer, and my android tablet.
It works great on both, and now I can read everything, without screwing my eyes up!
- Rated 4 out of 51. Please increase the line spacing because the lines are too crowded for larger font sizes. Let me change the line spacing as I like.
2. I would like the addon to remember its site's settings.
- Rated 4 out of 5I find this extension extremely useful, but it always hangs on site https://msdn.microsoft.com/vba/office-vba-reference. For most pages in the site, I regularly get the message "A script in the extension "Legibility" is causing Firefox to slow down". The interruptions continue even after I uncheck "Enable" in the Legibility pop-up, and the only way to browse without disturbance is to disable the extension under about:addons. To re-create the problem, navigate to the above website then click random entries in the left-hand column under "Table of Contents". The extension misbehaves only on these Microsoft pages.
- Rated 3 out of 5Please, add an option to disable this acid (and illegible) badge over the icon! Also, 'contrast' option makes double texts within input areas of some sites, so white/black listing would be helpful. Thanks.
- Rated 2 out of 52.5 stars. This extension is the only one of it's kind that works at all for the current version of Firefox, however, the developer should compare it to Chrome's extension "Font Rendering Enhancer". There, there is only one setting. The contrast is increased without distortion and all colors are kept including the color of links (it seems to me that the extension causes Chrome to render all the text on a page twice; first where it belongs and then again shifted to the right less than one pixel, and it's adjustable). On the other hand, this extension for Firefox, known as Legibility is awkward and at best will make colored text monochrome (as well as text intended to be grey). But, since it is the only practical solution available for Firefox text, I'm giving it 2.5 stars.
- Rated 5 out of 5I like it and I want to buy it for the 5.00. Can i use my credit card instead of the paypal.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for your efforts with this nice extension. I am using it every day.
I found at least one site where the extension's adjustment of text contrast makes things worse though. https://www.torontopearson.com/en/flights/schedules/ The text "departures", "arrivals" etc are originally light coloured on dark background, but the extension makes the text colour dark and practically invisible. Maybe you can have a look at that specific case and improve your code?
- Rated 4 out of 5Works as expected, great addon. However I feel like there should be a option to make domain-specific settings, instead of whole web.