The Tellurium Automated Testing Framework (Tellurium) is an open source automated testing framework for web applications. Most web testing tools/frameworks focus on individual UI elements such as links and buttons. Tellurium takes a new approach for automated web testing using the UI module. The UI module makes it possible to build locators for UI elements at runtime. First, this makes Tellurium robust and responsive to changes from internal UI elements. Second, the UI module makes Tellurium expressive. A UI element can be referred to simply by appending the names (uid) along the path to the specific element. This also enables Tellurium's "Group Locating" feature, making composite objects reusable, and addressing dynamic web pages.
Telurium IDE 0.8.0 RC1 is a feature rich release:
* Record user actions
* Automatically generate UI module and DSL script
* Replay generated DSL script
* Customize, add, and update DSL script
* Export DSL Script to Groovy DSL or Java test case
* Test runner is based on Tellurium new engine
Tellurium 0.8.0 RC2 has the following update.
2. Fixed Mac OS X spinning cursor problem
3. Updated UI module generation algorithm
4. Improved UI layout on Windows systems
5. Other bug fixes and improvement
Note: if you got "Download Error -228" when update Tellurium IDE 0.8.1 (i.e., 0.8.0 RC2). Please uninstall Tellurium IDE first, and then install the new version. Or right click install button, "save link as" download xpi to desktop, then File > Open File, browse to xpi, open to install.
Tellurium documents are available at:
Please follow tellurium project on twitter for the latest update:
and report any problems to Tellurium user group at: