To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (TACO) 4.53
Stop secret tracking of your web browsing.
See video: http://www.abine.com/preview/taco.php
Keep your personal info private on the web with new & powerful privacy tool, MaskMe.
About this Add-on
TACO automatically blocks 100's of web beacons, bugs, and other tracking technologies that advertisers and others use to track you. Protect your privacy by stopping secret tracking of your web browsing.
Watch our quickstart video here:
* See how Web sites are trying to track you:
TACO looks at each web page, identifies what tracking tools are in use, and shows you a quick and easy count of the total number. If you're curious, just click and display all the details.
* Automatically opt out of targeted advertising:
TACO sets permanent opt-out cookies to defend against behavioral profiling.
* Block tracking when you want, where you want:
Choose to block tracking everywhere or at just specific sites. TACO also blocks social buttons such as Facebook Like, Google Plus, and others.
Plus, it's from Abine, Inc. The online privacy company
Got questions? Contact us.
This tool was originally based on the Advertising Cookie Opt Out Plugin by Valentin Gheorghita, a Google Engineer. It has since been completely rewritten from scratch... updated by Chris Soghoian, Dan Witte, Sid Stamm, and others. Now Abine, the online privacy company, is supporting it and future versions.
Please don't use reviews as a support forum - Support can be found here at www.getabine.com/support.php
"Abine's clear dedication to protecting to online consumer privacy made the decision to partner with them for TACO 3.1 a no-brainer. Users of TACO 3.1 can freely pick and choose from the other apps in the Abine privacy suite, selecting the features that work best for them.
Over the past year, TACO has grown from a proof of concept prototype to a privacy tool used by hundreds of thousands of users. Abine has the resources necessary to keep improving TACO, maintain the opt-out cookie list, and add other innovative features to enable users to protect themselves from online targeting and tracking. They'll be able to provide the kind of frequent updates, ongoing support and development that users expect from the software tools they trust."
- Christopher Soghoian, Original creator of TACO
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
1. Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
2. Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
3. Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites or OpenID services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
4. Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Abine Inc. to provide a third party with your personal information.
Information we Collect from the Browser Add-on
All your accounts, passwords, and other browsing activity is stored locally on your computer in an encrypted database for which we do not have the ability to decrypt. Please see "Where is my data" in the Abine FAQ for more information.
Our Abine browser add-on uses unique identifiers that are not tied to you or your IP address, and are used to help you track versions and updates for the add-on, as well as to validate shielding requests. If you chose to provide more data in order to take advantage of additional services, such as webmail, the add-on identifier is never used in a way that ties it to your name or personal information. New identifiers are generated for the different services you may use, to further protect your privacy.
* We may collect a unique anonymous number from each browser add-on to track total number of installs and verify proper functioning of our software, and regularly check for add-on updates - this number is not tied to other activity or services the Add-on may use.
* If we are shielding your email address, the target emails addresses are stored
* If we are shielding your phone number, the target phone number, or email address for voicemails is stored.
* If you share form mappings with us we do not store your IP or add-on id.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.