Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by azfrankie, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Ein sehr hilfreiches Add-On, dass einem hilft, wenn man längere Textpassagen nicht immer selber lesen möchte. Man lässt sich das Wesentliche vorlesen uns ist bestens informiert. An der Sprachausgabe könnte sicher das eine oder andere verbessert werden.
- by DJ_Xandir, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I absolutely LOVE this Add-on !
Of the reviews I have read, I see Some 5's, a few 3's, and EVEN some ONE's !?! what the Heck ?
I can't imagine anybody giving this Add - on anything less than 5 out of 5 Stars ?
Especially considering it's FREE !!
I mean, Come On People !
This Add - on Is Incredible. It's Amazing !
I SO Love it !
I use it a lot. It has (pretty much) no problem recognizing and pronouncing words. It has "little" difficulty with sentence structure, inflection, and word emphasis. It only has minor to moderate difficulty with the pause between sentences, especially if the sentence is meant as a question.
It does seem, in most instances, not to differentiate the switch between first, second and third person narrative. But then, How could it ? It's called "Talkie," not "Skynet." It's a Text to Speech "Reader," Not Jarvis (Lol,) a top of the line, leading edge, interactive AI.
Also, remember ....
It's FREE !!
It does an AMAZING Job.
I was on the Add - on's Homepage to buy the Premium when I decided to post this Review and tell everyone who will read thiis review just how exceptional I believe this Add - on to be.
Having said as much as I can with regards to praising "Talkie,"
-- unfortunately, I also have to mention (as far as I can tell) it's one and only flaw.
* The only flaw as far as I'm concerned that is.*
- It won't be a Flaw for Many you guys.
- One and only draw back, in My Opinion, is That I need to have "Google Chrome" to install the Premium Version :-(
I am a Loyal, Partial to Firefox, Mozilla User.
So, currently (As of October 2019) I "can't" install the premium, more feature rich version of this Add - on that I Love So Much.
(I included the Date of this Review in case the Developers add a Firefox Compatable Version some time in the future and I forget about it or stop using the Add - on and then there's this "unfair," innaccurate, out of date review still lurking around. - Just trying to keep things fair. .. "In case. :-(
Thanks for the awesome Add - on
Incidentally, Is there a Firefox compatable Premium Version on the drawing Board or in the works by Any chance ?
- by bodwyn, a year agoRated 1 out of 5On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 just does nothing.
Tried again on Windows 10 - it says it uses the System voice on the Free version. It doesn't - just used MS David. If it said what it does that I could possibly abide that, but I don't like false promises. Uninstalled.
- by Firefox user 14758898, a year agoRated 4 out of 5this is pretty useful and works well, very easy and simple to use; just think it'd be nice to have more settings for the voices, like being able to speed up the voice. the voice used it also a bit clunky, but overall able to be understood
- by Firefox user 14175442, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works. Reads and detects a language just fine. The main issue is usability. How to PAUSE reading and continue without reseting current position? Audio indicator of the current page would be great to have, too.