If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
This idea allows to use bookmarking without opening dialog window and this is very strong advantage. But some customization is needed.
1. It is highly desired to give to user possibility to reassign the tagmarks names to his own names. I don't think it'll be big deal.
2. It is also desired that user can assign some other folder to this set of tagmarks, and not only Unsorted Bookmarks that is currently.
The reason why it is so necessary I can explain.
Usually user installs addons when he just have a lot of bookmarks with given names. In average he will just have about 1000 bookmarks and dozens tags when he finds your addon and decides to install it. He is highly interested to assert his most used tags and not to give birth to two dozens new. And reassign his old tags to new names he also doesn't want - he is accustomed, used to his own and it is difficult suddenly to change the names in mind and remember. That is why this is so important.
Now - regarding folder assignment (I mean one folder to all tagmarks).
The Unsorted Bookmarks folder isn't so easy accesible that in bookmarks toolbar and it is more convenient to use some other one.
tagsieve makes this addon obsolete
This is a really cool addon, but like others reviewers, I think it will be cool to allow the user add/change icons and tags.
It is possible in a easy way :
- get the xpi (it is on the user profile folder, or download it with another browser)
- rename .xpi to .zip
- unzip it.
- To change tag names, go to chrome\content\taglist.js and replaces the names
- To change tag icons, go to chrome\skin\icons and do what you want.
- re-zip, rename with xpi, drag an drop in the browser.
Not bad. Any chance that you will be adding more tags (i mean the icons) OR maybe allow the user to add more tags (icons) herself. Tried visiting your website but it's down for the last 2 days. Hmmmm
I want use custom tag.
Great Add-on, especially when combined with tagmarks modifier and Tagsifter
This extension showed so much promise... what a shame it's been abandoned at v1.01.
Absolutely useless without customization options.
Customization isn't such a big issue (it was quite easy to edit variables even without "Tagmarks Modifier").
The BIG feauture I would more then love would be ability to display those tag icons in library and bookmark context menu. :)
For customization UI look at: Tagmarks Modifier
Yet it would be good if it was to be implemented within in the first place...
Sorry, but this add-on is useless for now. However the idea is just great. Please, add the ability to set custom tag names.
Look forward to using it with TagSifter.
Love it ...
But too straight.
I think it would need, to be... absolutely fantastic if it have some degree of customization.
- Possibility to modify preferred tags
- Possibility to modify tags names
- possibility to change tags icons
Keep your good work !
Meanwhile for those who want to change tag icons or names, unzip the extension and change values in content/taglist.js Tadam !
amazing stuff...a must have extension. Though i had to edit the code to remove the random icon order,added my own icon and renamed the icon. make things easier when u have a lot tabs open...just tag them accordingly with tagmark and easy to review them later...THANK YOU!!!
Very slow when clicking tag to view bookmarks under that tag mark. Takes up to 5 seconds just to show the list. Should be more customizable.
Need the ability to:
-Change Icons (default set is good but generic)
-Change Names (even without change of icons name change would be good for usability)
-Organize bookmarks into folders based on the tags applied. (Graph tagged bookmarks go into bookmarks folder named graphs, not sure if this can be done, cool as hell if it can).
-Change the icons that show first.
Three of these have already been requested just thought I'd keep them on the main page.
With the above features this will become a must have extension.
Good concept, but I'd much prefer it if I could configure my own custom icon set... or at least set custom labels for the existing ones.
Geniale kleine Erweiterung, die bei mir bestens funktioniert. Sie ermöglich extrem rapide, Ordnung in die Bookmarks zu bringen. It's really a great extension!
NOT WORKING AT ALL !!!!
NOT WORKING AT ALL !!!!
I really like this but I'd like it if I could choose which ones to keep visable at all times. I'd also like it if I could click the little arrow and have the whole lot remain visible until I click it again.
non riesco in stallare dizionario italiano
Brilliant idea. I'd like three things:
1) the ability to choose which icons are displayed in the short/unexpanded view
2) the ability to customize the actual word associated with each icon. so instead of "person," that icon could be "blog" -- no use tagging if it doesn't fit the tagging scheme I've already been using.
3) simpler icons. On a large display, the more complex icons are too tiny to make out.
Overall, though, a really great, intuitive idea that has the potential of becoming a "must-have" extension.
Thanks, that´s a great tool if you use many bookmarks!
For future development it would be great to have custom tags (icon+tags reference) . For example, I visit video games site a lot and would like to add a tag as "Video Game" to them...
I love this easy way to tag my bookmarks! Just 2 features more, and for me it's worth a five star rating:
- customizable icons (changing the types of icons, which will be displayed/suggested) and
- a "View tagmark tags"-button inside the statusbar or the navigationbar of Firefox (or another proposal: toggling a tag with the left mouse button - like it is - and showing all sites of a tag by clicking it with the right mouse button)
I'm looking forward to seeing the implementation of your ideas! Thx for this great add on!
Great idea. Please keep up the work. Would be a never-do-witout if I could configure which tags appear and to what bookmark folders they point.