by Víctor A. Rodríguez (Bit-Man), 4 years ago
Rated 4 out of 5
Thanks for this great work! Just wish to have more responsiveness from filed bugs. Acknowledging or closing the bug should be enough, but no response is not knowing where the extension is going and a search for replacement in the long term. Would hate to search for a new extension :-(
- by Firefox user 13533352, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi, This is the best replacement for Tab Groups I found so far, thank you for your work. Just a couple of improvement suggestions:
1. It would be great if loading of all pages at the same time when changing groups could be disabled. In mi case, I usually have more than 20-30 pages in each group and when I switch groups, it takes too long to load all pages (and I change between groups very often); usually it's OK for me to begin looking at one page and then changing/loading the next page afterwards.
2. It would be great If one could move a page from one group to another group, perhaps using the contextual menu from the right mouse button.
Thanks again for your great plugin.
- by AltB, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good Tabgroups import, but doesn't import pinned tabs!
It doesn't seem to be working with containers like Conex / Taborama extensions.
Waiting for more features and more polished (bigger buttonwith full group name, container import/export etc)
- by Firefox user 13377347, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This could be the replacement people are looking for. I will be using this for now unless a more polished alternative comes along.
This add-on removes all back button history when you change groups or reload Firefox. That needs to be fixed.
Sometimes when I change groups, more than one copy of some of the tabs are restored.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThanks for testing the extension & the feedback. The first bug you mentioned is a known issue: https://github.com/hupf/tabmarks/issues/9 – I hope there will soon be the necessary APIs available to fix this.
Concerning the latter bug: I reworked the tab to bookmarks syncing. It should be much more robust in the upcoming 1.0.0.beta3 release (I hope Mozilla will review & publish it soon).
- by Alt, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I think that could be THE alternative to the great 'Tab Group' add-on.
The main missing feature is the import/migration of existing groups from TabGroup.
I'll appreciate a custom toolbar with tab groups like 'Tab Groups Button'.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoI've implemented a TabGroup JSON import. Unfortunately I've received no response from the review of the beta2 version. I've created a new release (beta3) which will contain the import and will hopefully be published by Mozilla soon.
- by Firefox user 13242308, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is really cool. Could you add a Tab Group bar, so that the groups would always be visible? I'd like to not have to click a button before seeing and navigating tab groups.