Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by joy2go, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love Tab-Loc functions but its not compatible for FireFox 4.0. One review is get the Pin-Tab confused with Tab-Loc two different functions. I went back to FireFox 3.6.16 until Tab-Loc is upgraded. Thank you for a great add-on!
- by KristleBawl, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5The newest version is not yet reviewed but you can find it using the View All Versions link below.
The Tabloc icon is not visible while a tab is pinned as an App Tab, but it does work correctly, and the icon is visible again if the App Tab is unpinned. That's the way App Tabs work.
- by Nemurire, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5i used this before =D great addon for those vid sites that load slow, when i was going through a bizzaro watching everything phase. =))
suggestion: an auto lock feature, black/white listing for sites. no extra click =)
reg exp supported would be sweet =))
- by Míguel, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very nice plugin.
The only downside is that, when you click a link on a locked tab, the new created tab doesn't get activated.
If you could fix that, it would be 5 stars for me.
Anyway, it's a great plugin
- by Tingolon, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5Es muy util , muchas veces trabajamos con varias pestañas abiertas y con este agregado, es muy seguro mantener nuestras pestañas mas importantes bloqueadas y protegidas...
Lo recomiendo al 100%.
- by Ben Huang, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5Check out the new tabbed browsing add-on collection, Tabbed Browsing Boost! One of its many add-ons is Tabloc!
- by Zac99, 11 years agoRated 4 out of 5This addon works great against accidental clicks on the tab-close button, but I would appreciate if it would be able to disable the Forward/Backward buttons (also their shortcuts), close-Firefox-button, and any other possible one-click way that may navigate away from the current page, or cause the page to reload. I have a slippery mouse, and it sometimes jumps to the corners, where the top left and right corners mean a serious problem.
- by Kittyburgers, 12 years agoRated 4 out of 5Seems to work well on 3.5.
I would suggest changing the icon to a "key" symbol for lock instead of the pin. The yellow exclamation mark-symbol is fine. Also, the icon on the main extensions-menu needs to be cleaned up, as it looks rather blurry (as though it hasn't be scaled up properly).
Otherwise, nice extension.
- by Vonnie Voong, 12 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great addon but i don't understand what lock does and how can i activate it to do what it's supposed to do? Is lock supposed to prevent you from switching onto that tab or something cos when i clicked on a locked tab it switched to that, unless "locking" it does something else. Please help"Lock Tab" prevents from navigating to another URL in current tab.
Normally, new page is read in current tab when you click a link.
If the tab is locked, new tab is opened and new page is read in the new tab.
With "Lock Tab", new tab will be opened in background
(with "Shift Lock Tab", in foreground).
If not, please tell me the URL and the clicked link.
- by sgdhggygk44, 12 years agoRated 1 out of 5COMPLETELY USELESS
it makes me lost 30 opened sitesIf you want protected tab to be preserved among sessions,
please install newer version and check "save session when protected tab exists" option.
- by SharkDude21, 12 years agoRated 2 out of 5I used this add on on my fast dial page. It did the job of protecting the fast dial page but any links clicked on the fast dial page would open 2 tabs of the same page, like its duplicating every link once.
Had to uninstall until a fix comes up.I have fixed the bug, but the new version is still "experimental" now.
Please install new version from
- by Anijake, 12 years agoRated 2 out of 5Does not remember locked tabs between sessions. Permatab would remember tabs and reopen them when starting FF, this needs that option. Also when using Google reader clicking on the side links open a new tab instead of using the same tab.
- by Waylan Limberg, 12 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works great - Except with Gmail. When the Gmail tab is locked (regardless of protect setting for that tab), any links will open twice when clicked once. I've emailed the author with a full bug report.