Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by Sean Ryan, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 51) To be truly valuable, this extension needs to retain the lock status of tabs after closing/re-opening Firefox. The critical tabs are my pinned tabs which I don't want to get overwritten.
2) The URL list only works when a complete URL is input. It doesn't respond to partial url's or wildcards.
- by Firefox user 13508508, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's a good start. Two suggestions for improvements. One, adjust the colors of the icon for the different settings--at the very least, it can be hard to distinguish the "black" from the "blue" at a quick glance. Perhaps make the colors a bit brighter.
Two, it would be great if the change in settings could be made permanent (i.e., at least until the user decides to change the settings). While there are some websites where I'm happy to have all links open in the same tab, there are others sites I regularly use where I ALWAYS want all links to open in a new tab and it would be more convenient to not have to remember to click on the icon every time I visit those particular sites.
- by ddesim, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5The name is Tabloc, which implies locking a bank of tabs. Overriding the use of last tabs open. Which implies not losing the tabs that are supposedly saved with lock tab, protect tab, etc.
So, what's the name of the add-on that does the above? Tabloc certainly doesn't. Thank you.
- by milt983, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for this great addon! One option that I could suggest, is to add "prevent unload tab" (to prevent the locked tabs to unload from memory) in behavior. I think this would be very useful. Thanks again!
- by suniram, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5I was seeking an add-on to make a tab permanent [so i figured "lock" would do it]. Tabloc, whatever it does, doesn't do that.
It might be a fine tab, but the explanation could be clearer.
- by Reza Sadeghi, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5thanks a lot for this nice Add-On to lock/protect tabs.
but would you please add another feature in Options of Tabloc called "Triple Click" in Shourtcut Action to "Lock+Protect" tabs?
now there is just "Double Click" but I need "Triple Click" not "Double Click".
for several times I double click on many tabs suddenly and they Lock but I prefer this happened by Triple Click.
please add this feature.
- by Urbane.Tiger, 7 years agoRated 3 out of 5When I click a link in a locked tab, the link is opened in a new tab (which is what I want) but firefox does not switch to it - I have the «Options->Tabs->When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately» setting checked - and in unlocked tabs it works.
- by ro0ter, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent little extension, helps you avoid closing radio tabs :). Still, a couple of new features would make it awesome:
1) prevent reload
2) dialog popup when browser closing if any protected/locked tabs exist.
- by Moonchild, 8 years agoRated 4 out of 5worx good so far, but the option "prevent goBack/goForward" doesn't work with Tab History Menu 2.1.1 (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-history-menu/).
activated "prevent goBack/goForward" but still CAN go back or forwards by just clicking tab and then select.
5 Stars if this could be fixed.
- by joy2go, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love Tab-Loc functions but its not compatible for FireFox 4.0. One review is get the Pin-Tab confused with Tab-Loc two different functions. I went back to FireFox 3.6.16 until Tab-Loc is upgraded. Thank you for a great add-on!
- by KristleBawl, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5The newest version is not yet reviewed but you can find it using the View All Versions link below.
The Tabloc icon is not visible while a tab is pinned as an App Tab, but it does work correctly, and the icon is visible again if the App Tab is unpinned. That's the way App Tabs work.