Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
by Firefox user 12302629, 2 years ago
Rated 3 out of 5
The add-on is good up, the markings are not preserved, it would be good if you could refine Auto Lock. As only the main domain lock and not at the same time the supdomain.
- by atimholt, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Makes your browser behave exactly how browsers should have been behaving since tabs were invented. It is going to be *SO FREAKING NICE* to not have to middle-click every single freaking link on the entire freaking internet.
But, given that this just brings the world into sanity, it's really annoying to get that padlock emoji in my tab titles. It serves literally no purpose; it's like Homer's “everything's okay” alarm.
- by Firefox user 14796506, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I don't see a menu option for Lock Tab with 66.0.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.2. However, the Auto-lock feature is working, and that's what I really needed. So, meets my needs, but not so great in general. I would love to see an option for "Links open in a new Window" rather than just a new tab.
- by miguelk, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Does not work in FF66...does nothing at all but put a padlock icon on the tab...and what would even be worse if it worked is that it unlocks when you reload a tab...hope the developer can fix these issues as there is no addon out there that will protect a tab...this functionality was provided in TMP.
- by Firefox user 12154843, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5FF60.6 ESR x64 - This addon is a nice attempt to mimick the Lock Tab feature from the old Tab Mix Plus extension, but it's sadly not persistent. When you open FF or reload a page, the lock goes away. Btw, the Protect Tab option would be good to have too.
- by Mark B, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5With a name like "Tabloc" and a the description "Adds Lock Tab button", I am disappointed to find that this extension doesn't actually LOCK tabs so that that cannot be closed.
This extension only prevents the tab from being overwritten when you click a link inside the tab - it causes a new tab to be opened for that tab. That's great, but that's not what I was hoping for an extension with a name like "Tabloc".
"Pin Tab" doesn't work, either, because you can still close pinned tabs.
- by Firefox user 14148224, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension does lock a tab and a link that would otherwise open in the same tab opens in a new tab. Nice. But if you refresh the tab, the lock goes away. A more minor event is opening a link from a locked tab makes the lock icon on the tab disappear even though the tab is still locked.
Nevertheless, I will keep it installed as the best we've got so far. Just have to remember to re-lock every time I refresh a locked tab.
I also tried the autolock feature. Does work, but it puts three lock icons on the tab that also disappear as described before. And any opened links from the same domain open locked with three lock icons!
Four stars as this function is so sorely needed, IMO, and am grateful to you for doing what you have done thus far. Any chance for working with the issues I described? Thanks!