- by Ensign Epic, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Gotta say, it is really nice to open a new tab and see a random landscape, and the different widgets all have a ton of utility. The app has such amazing potential but it's held back by a ton of little bugs & its lack of some features.
To start with, the widgets are not drag and drop while editing; you click a button and it gets sent to that part of the screen. This would not be an issue if the text of certain widgets did not overlap due to apparent bounding issues. Instead of using the open space below it, text blocks lines will run an indeterminate amount before a line break. Another issue is that certain widgets are lacking features one would consider rather important. As a quick example, the Quotes widget doesn't let you choose how often they update, just the types of quotes. Another is the inability to choose which provider is used in the search bar. The final issue is that this lacks an "article" widget, for example, like the default home page's Pocket, which sorta stinks because it was always cool seeing what random articles they had to read.
I want this to be a 5 star app, it can EASILY get there as the state of the app suggests many of these are readily implemented. But there's so much suck left in this extension before it gets there, I gotta go with the 3 star for now. Looking forward to the day I can fully retire the default Firefox home screen for this.
- by Firefox user 16580261, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Like other people are saying the app isn't keeping customization's. every couple days my photos disappear and I have to upload them again. Please fix so I can rate it 5 stars.
- by Sofia, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5I really like it, although there are some things about it:
- giphy background doesn't work
- custom unsplash doesn't work either (black background)
- It'd be cool to choose certain types of quotes, instead of having to choose all of them.
- by Wii Chicken, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a great new tab, but the only problem is that every time you restart your computer the add-on completely resets, or maybe that's an issue with my computer.
- by Ozycaevias, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5Worked great for a while, and really added something to my new tab page. Then, suddenly it started resetting everything. All the links and other settings I had taken a lot of time to setup reset. Hopefully this isn't your experience, but be aware that it might happen.
- by Firefox user 15192206, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on crashes many times... I set my name, and whichever widgets I need and next time when I open the browser, it is reset. I have set everything again, which is irritating. Please make sure to address this and I'll be back to this extension. Until then, I'll be using Momentum
- by Padua, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Was working fine.
But after a recent update v2.0.3 does NOT remember settings and defaults to the 'Unsplash' option.
Waiting for the developer to fix this issue.
A good eye candy extension when it works as intended, and would like to use it again, if fixed.
Thanks to the developer.
- by Firefox user 16077151, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5I installed the add-on yesterday, I set it as I wanted and today it started as usual (with the custom background and widgets I chose yesterday) but then I opened a new tab and all of my settings were reset :( pls fix this
- by Alice, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a great extension when it works but since the last update it resets my settings about once per week and it resets my custom wallpapers on a daily basis which seriously limits how useful it is. If those issues were fixed (as well as the ability ti import/export settings and wallpapers to make it easier to fix when the extension decides to forget everything) it'd be a five star easily.
- by Firefox user 15327169, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Until version 2.0 I would rate as 5 starts. The sync is a good feature, but needs to have an "off" switch. I prefer to have different "QuickLinks" on my home and office systems. There was no warning the quick links were being overwritten, and I can find no way to turn it off in the settings page. PLEASE ADD A DO NOT SYNC OPTION or some kind of way to have different quick links on different systems.
- by Firefox user 15340482, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Nice extension which simplifies the process of editing the newtab page.
However, I do wish it was easier to change the order of the links displayed on the page & a wider choice of icons for widely use sites such as Reddit, Amazon, YouTube, Twitch etc..
I also think it would be nicer if suggested fonts appeared as you type the font you desire in the settings.