- by hannelene, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Loved this at first. Unfortunately I had to stop using it because it reset every time I restarted my computer. I spent a whole day troubleshooting but couldn't figure it out. It allows you to export your custom settings so you can import them again if it resets, but it's not worth it for me to do it every day. If anybody can find a way to make this extension work I'd love to use it again. The options for widgets and customization are great, if a bit limited.
- by NickDavidson199, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I like this add on and I like the different customization settings like time greeting and setting the weather settings they are useful. And how beautiful it looks with the different colors options compared to the bland new tab. But, I don’t like how it never seems to save my settings at all after a while and when I go back to change it like I had it it seems to just go back to default, like sometimes it’ll save it then most often times it won’t which is why I am giving this 3 stars! If the developer wants a better review like 4/5 stars, then fix this common annoying issue and I’ll be contented to give this a better review.
- by JK, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Does Not Save.. Settings: Links, Background, Or any of the settings when Firefox is closed / or when Firefox is restarted???? Wasted time inputting and configuring Tabliss !!
- by Ensign Epic, 4 months agoRated 3 out of 5Gotta say, it is really nice to open a new tab and see a random landscape, and the different widgets all have a ton of utility. The app has such amazing potential but it's held back by a ton of little bugs & its lack of some features.
To start with, the widgets are not drag and drop while editing; you click a button and it gets sent to that part of the screen. This would not be an issue if the text of certain widgets did not overlap due to apparent bounding issues. Instead of using the open space below it, text blocks lines will run an indeterminate amount before a line break. Another issue is that certain widgets are lacking features one would consider rather important. As a quick example, the Quotes widget doesn't let you choose how often they update, just the types of quotes. Another is the inability to choose which provider is used in the search bar. The final issue is that this lacks an "article" widget, for example, like the default home page's Pocket, which sorta stinks because it was always cool seeing what random articles they had to read.
I want this to be a 5 star app, it can EASILY get there as the state of the app suggests many of these are readily implemented. But there's so much suck left in this extension before it gets there, I gotta go with the 3 star for now. Looking forward to the day I can fully retire the default Firefox home screen for this.
- by Firefox user 16580261, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Like other people are saying the app isn't keeping customization's. every couple days my photos disappear and I have to upload them again. Please fix so I can rate it 5 stars.
- by Sofia, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5I really like it, although there are some things about it:
- giphy background doesn't work
- custom unsplash doesn't work either (black background)
- It'd be cool to choose certain types of quotes, instead of having to choose all of them.
- by Wii Chicken, 8 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's a great new tab, but the only problem is that every time you restart your computer the add-on completely resets, or maybe that's an issue with my computer.
- by Ozycaevias, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5Worked great for a while, and really added something to my new tab page. Then, suddenly it started resetting everything. All the links and other settings I had taken a lot of time to setup reset. Hopefully this isn't your experience, but be aware that it might happen.
- by Firefox user 15192206, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on crashes many times... I set my name, and whichever widgets I need and next time when I open the browser, it is reset. I have set everything again, which is irritating. Please make sure to address this and I'll be back to this extension. Until then, I'll be using Momentum
- by Padua, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Was working fine.
But after a recent update v2.0.3 does NOT remember settings and defaults to the 'Unsplash' option.
Waiting for the developer to fix this issue.
A good eye candy extension when it works as intended, and would like to use it again, if fixed.
Thanks to the developer.
- by Firefox user 16077151, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I installed the add-on yesterday, I set it as I wanted and today it started as usual (with the custom background and widgets I chose yesterday) but then I opened a new tab and all of my settings were reset :( pls fix this
- by Alice, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It's a great extension when it works but since the last update it resets my settings about once per week and it resets my custom wallpapers on a daily basis which seriously limits how useful it is. If those issues were fixed (as well as the ability ti import/export settings and wallpapers to make it easier to fix when the extension decides to forget everything) it'd be a five star easily.