- by kelendral, a month agoRated 2 out of 5Like many others, did some customization. Things were working well enough.
Suddenly, all settings lost.
Gave it 2 stars because it does have the option to export/import settings and it is decent when working.
- by Laion, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5It worked very very well until today. I opened the web browser and found all the custom settings and links that I created, lost. No way to recover it.. I deleted the extension.
- by cryder, a year agoRated 2 out of 5The look, and feature set of this add-on is a five.
But, I have the same issue as others have stated - settings reset without any rhyme or reason.
I sync my browser on two computers. I've had so many issues getting this add-on to show the right widgets and settings on both computers.
I've spent hours setting up this add-on multiple times, only to have my settings reset randomly. There's no way to "save" settings so they can't be reset or overridden at random.
- by siwas, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I think tabliss is really dope. I was really wowed when I first installed it and I was really impressed with how simple (and free) everything was. That was until I closed my browser and all my settings were wiped. Next time I open firefox, all my links and customisations were gone. I assumed it was a glitch, and put them in again. Close the browser, gone once more. After it happened the third time, I stopped trying to fix it and let the default settings become my norm. I now use a different "new tab" add-on and I'm seeing how that goes. It's unfortunate because I prefer tabliss to that one, but if my widgets are going to be forgotten each time I close firefox, then I don't feel like it's worth keeping installed.
- by djtwiztid, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Does not sync well with other computers and every time there's an update to firefox, I have to redo all of the settings I had. Extremely irritating. Feedback and requests go on deaf ears. No acknowledgment from author. No exporting of settings and poor file storage choice. Not worth the aggravation.
- by Firefox user 14035797, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Was working great until it randomly reset and cleared my to do list. This is extra frustrating as there's no backup, so all my info and settings are simply gone
- by WeedWhacker_69, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Very good already, not yet 5 star material as the customization options are not deep enough and/or are as of yet unelegant/convoluted. Some very obvious stuff is not implemented at all.
Just a taste:
-There are several greetings according to the time of day (Good evening/night/morning/etc), yet neither the times at which they are displayed nor the messages themselves are customizable beyond adding your name.
-You can't assign pictures/collections to different times of day. (Sunrise pics for 'Good morning', etc.)
-One font to rule them all!
-No option to use your favourite sites' favicons. You have to use generic ones, can't even import your own.
-Favourites can't be added as clickable snapshots, arrangeable in a grid.
-Adding these favourites is a bit arduous.
-No 'Export Settings' feature.
And there's more that (at least to my mind) is lacking. But the extension is relatively new and does what it says for free = 4 stars.
Deeper customization options, a less rudimentary UI for said customization = 5 Stars.
UPDATE: Since there is no momentum on the dev's side (despite donations) to implement the very basics of QoL features asked for, stars have to be deducted. Half-baked shite with no future prospects.