- by Ross Z, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Installed and gave access for Private tabs.
Toolbar button / "badge" displays and tooltip comes up...
BUT there is no displayed tab count on either the badge or in the tooltips.
I have been trying to find a replacement for an existing tab counter addon that has a bigger font and both my current addon ('Tab Count Icon by lllusion3418') and all but one other one that I have tested have displayed tab counts so I don't think it's anything to do with my settings (not that I have anything too crazy to begin with).
Just spitballing but unless the addon is just outdated / busted for everyone, then I suspect maybe it is because I am on Linux. Seems weird though considering FF is cross-platform and most of the others worked..
In any case, this addon does not have a preferences section so I suspect I would not be able to customize things like font size, foregroud/background color, etc.
FF v89.0.2 on Fedora 33 Cinnamon
- by Firefox user 15205572, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5pretty good, does what it says, but i would LOVE if you could click it and see how many tabs are in which/each window, and the current window. that would really help a lot. thank you!
- by grahamperrin, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Installed 1.4.0, quit then started Waterfox.
Hovering does not work until after a click.
In (at least) the first window, the count of loaded tabs is wrong – zero. Mozilla bug 1378459, maybe?
> Allow some addon functionality to load prior to any content loading
Back to 1.2.0, sorry.
- by JustBoris, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's changed and not for the better.
I loved that you could tell how many tabs are loaded (not open tabs) from the tool tip, just by hovering.
Now I need to click to find that out. It doesn't sound like much but why change it from the more helpful setup?
Hopefully there is another change to come.
UPDATE: (if I write another review with a new score, the old score I gave doesn't get removed?)
Back to its best. Simple and effective.
- by Firefox user 13643142, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Exactly what I needed since upgrading to the new version of Firefox, although I had to search 5 pages in before I found this. You might want to change the name or add a sub name/metadata to include something like 'Tab Count'.
Every other similar tab counting extension focuses on showing the amount of tabs per window and less so on the total amount of tabs across windows. This is prefect for me as I'd rather see that I currently have 682 tabs open :)
- by Cyberknight, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's about 6.5KB in size (packed), being the smallest contender (the biggest I've tested is 66KB, packed). It uses event triggers to update the badge, which seems to be the best method to do it (most others use timeout counters). It uses WebExtensions technology and is bootstrapped (no restart required).
- by LL25255252, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5There's no email-address to send a bug report so I have to write it here in the reviews.
The new 1.0.0 Tab Tally version started to conflict with FlashStopper addon.
Steps to reproduce :
Create a new/fresh firefox profile.
Install the 2 addons.
Bookmark a page > The "OK" button looks dimmed.
It happens in many of the browser's other "special" windows and setting windows of many addons.
Workaround - Install TabTally previous version (0.1.1) and Restart browser.
Win 7 x64
BTW - I reported the issue also here - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14730207#p14730207