Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Dr.Mabuse, 2 days agoRated 3 out of 5I used the TSN for a kont time withozt problems in SeaMonkey. Now I have an Error using in in the newest FireFox V.79.0(64bit) on Windows 7 SP1
Tab session manager: not possible to reload tabs from previous session
I had a session window open with 116 tabs open and I cannot re-open them after restert of FireFox.
I closed FireFay and as usual, after I restartef it, I waited for the opening of the series of my previous opened tabs.
FireFax opened 116 tbs but did not fill in the URLs. They were all opened as new tabs.
So I tried to open FireFox with deactivated add-ons. There it was possible to restore all the tabs.
After that I closed FireFox again and opened it the usual way. It opened 116 tabs but they were all empty.
I used the Add-on manager to shut down my extensions leaving only the tab session manager, AdblockPlus, NoScript. After restarting te tabs were empty again.
In the list of the tab session manager I could find the sessions with 116 empty tabs (see ErrorTabSessionManager0.gif) but also the last session with the original tabs. See
image ErrorTabSessionManager1.gif. I could even save this list from TabSessionManager. I updated PabSessionmanager to the newest version but that did not help.
How can I get FireFox to load these previous tabs again, some of them are very important for me ?
thanks for any help
- by Firefox user 16109008, a month agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great add-on that is very useful. It would be even better if it were compatible with Tree Style Tab, and restored not only the tabs themselves but their tree structure!
- by NKSoft, a month agoRated 3 out of 5I've used it for about 4 months. Last time I've started my browser, it unexpectedly showed IndexedDB error, after opening the window (clicking on toolbar button) it closed itself. I've done instructions you've given on IDB error, but I couldn't restore my sessions because it seems that it's TSM's db that was corrupted. Because when I've copied TSM's db back to "storage\default" folder it wasn't showing IDB error, but the window againg started closing itself. And if I was in time to click "save", it didn't work. But it works good with clean IDB even if I copy back all the contents of "default" folder except TSM's folder. So, I've lost all my saved sessions. I'm not sure, but it seems I've had this issue(or IDB issue exactly) earlier, so I'll give it a try one more time and if it repeats, I'll have to abandon this pretty usable extension, so I think you should try to eradicate this issue, because it's big..
- by alberto.villar, a month agoRated 4 out of 5I would like to give five stars to this add-on as it's the best session manager but the interface is awfully becoming worse and worse:
- You no longer can select tabs nor windows to be opened. It looks like you can only remove tabs from the tree before opening a session, in which case you destroy the structure. Sessions lose the original structure and you cannot use them in the future as they were
- The maximum width of the side pane is 800 pixels, what does not leave room to access any of the valuable tools and options, such as rename a session, access the menu, see full tab description, add tags, open/delete a session
- You are somehow forced to configure the add-on to open the panel on a new tab which is inconvenient
- by Art_9, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent functionality and interface.
I have been using the extension for more than two months (~500 hours, PC worker) and so far have not a single failure.
+ there are backup copies of sessions - TabSessionManager - Backup.
- by Kenan T., 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5This is an experiment add-on and should not be used for serious purposes.If you use only one or two tabs than in some cases it can be useful for the purpose.It is deleting autosaved sessions,cannot be started,fails a lot. In one word,high school experiment level add-on.Not recommended if you need to save your sessions.
- by AnotherFoxy, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5The best FF session manager at the moment.
- Could be a little faster at startup
- FF sync support would be great.
- Possibility to rename saved sessions