- Rated 1 out of 5by Chris Hubick, 3 years agoIf you remove the icon from the toolbar, the tab context menu doesn't work. It kept asking "rename this tab regardless to it's address" (should be "of it's"), every time, and doesn't remember previous selection as default. And then the next tab I tried to rename, clicking the 'Done' button doesn't make the rename dialog go away or do anything. Uninstalling.
- Rated 1 out of 5by TwoCables, 3 years agoI switched to Tab ReTitle because it's far better.
With Tab Mix - Rename Tab, I can only rename the tab and then that's the name of the tab regardless of the URL. I can't assign URLs a tab title. I can do that with Tab ReTitle. That means every time I go to that URL, no matter how I go to it, the tab automatically gets my custom title. If I visit a different URL in that tab, the title changes as expected.
With Tab Mix - Rename Tab, it seems to always automatically name YouTube videos to just "YouTube" on the tab. With Tab ReTitle, it doesn't do this. It simply stays out of Firefox's way. So now I see YouTube video titles on the tabs thanks to switching to Tab ReTitle. This has nothing to do with any settings.
There are a few other instances where the title never showed the way I wanted it to show, and Tab Mix - Rename Tab couldn't help because it was just for that tab only and if I closed it, that was it, the title was gone. Going to other pages in that tab meant the title doesn't change because I had simply renamed that tab. With Tab ReTitle, everything is exactly as it should be, based on the setting I used when renaming the tab!
Therefore, Tab Mix - Rename Tab isn't any good.
- Rated 5 out of 5by AnubisFalcon, 3 years agoNot sure why this is getting such awful reviews. This is the only Tab renamer that automatically renames your tab with bookmark titles! With "Tab ReTitle" (the competitor - 4.8 stars), you have to manually select the bookmark option for every tab you open. I get arthritis just thinking about it.
- Rated 1 out of 5by atimholt, 3 years agoDoes not allow you to *edit* a tab's name, only allows you to create a new name from scratch.
That was the only capability of the plugin I was ever going to use, and its omission is incredibly confusing and disappointing.
Indeed, after a multi-hour search for a plugin with this capability, the sheer frustration at my predicament leaves me seething in unbridled anger. Not at the devs, though: if this feature isn’t actually out of scope (for some genuinely ineffable reason), it might just be one of those “so obvious, we didn’t think of it” things.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12356949, 4 years agoTabs remain renamed after restarting Firefox, that's what I expected the most!
Little problem : the tab which is active while closing the program loses it's name when restart. The other ones keep their name. So I always close Firefox after opening a random tab, but it would be good to fix this bug.
Could be improved : a shortcut to open the renaming dialog box
Could be great : a functionnality to automatically rename a tab using a specific part of a web link, or a specific text (always at the same place) of a page.