Tab Counter Version History
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Fixed issues with options window.
Fixed to work in latest nightly builds
Changed default location of toolbar item to after new tab button to prevent from moving the new tab button to the end of the toolbar.
Fixed issue where removing the button/text from the toolbar wouldn't stick (i.e. show up in new windows) after first install until browser was restarted.
Fixed issue that could cause navigation toolbar to lose all items after installing.
Toolbar icon will now keep its position in front of separators instead of moving itself after them.
1. Fixed issue where count could be wrong when closing a tab.
2. Fixed issue where count would be wrong when switching tab groups using the CTRL-` keyboard shortcut.
3. Changed so that the customized text is now displayed when a pinned tab is selected and the option to not count pinned tabs is enabled. In this case it will count the tabs as number "0" since it's not counted.
4. Updated locale files.
1. Added format strings to advanced text formatting for visible (group) tabs and all tabs. This allows tab counter to count both all tabs as well as tabs in the current visible group.
2. Added option to not count app (pinned) tabs.
Note: There are some locales that have not been updated yet.
1. Fixed issue where count might be wrong when restoring a closed tab.
2. Count will now only take into account visible tabs. Hidden tabs (such as tabs in other groups) are no longer counted.
1. Added sv-SE locale.
2. Added button to choose color for text in options window
3. Default location for tab count label in Firefox 4 and up is now at the right end of the tab bar. It can be repositioned if desired.
1. Fixed issue with transparent popup menu when right clicking toolbar item.
1. Added Serbian and Greek locales.
2. Fixed issue with descriptions not being translated correctly (description preference not pointing to correct file).
3. Added Gecko 1.9 localization to install.rdf
1. Count is now correct when closing tabs in Firefox 4.
1. Don't automatically add the tab counter icon to the menu bar, if the menu bar is hidden.
Updated pt-BR locale
Updated max version to 3.6a1pre
1. Allow the user to specify exactly what text will be displayed and the option to include the current tab number, total number of tabs after the current tab and total number of tabs before the current tab in addition to the normal total number of tabs. To use this click the "Use advanced text formatting" checkbox in the options. Mouse over the text box for a tooltip describing the formatting.
2. Updated the code which automatically adds the extension to the tools menu bar to work better.
All existing translations now complete.
Added new translations: cs-CZ, mk-MK, ru-RU (incomplete)
- Fixed issue when displaying options window on Mac/Linux
- Text should now always be centered (vertically and horizontally)
- Added translations: zh-CN, zh-TW, nl-NL, fr-FR, de-DE, hu-HU, ja-JP, pl-PL, pt-PT, pt-BR, es-ES
- Toolbar item is no longer a button - no real change since it never acted like a button anyway.
- User can now access options by right clicking on toolbar item and selecting options menu entry.
- Options can be now applied without closing option window and take effect immediately
- Clicking on the Font options' labels will open pages explaining valid CSS values for those fields.
- User can now specify optional text to display before and/or after the tab count number.
By request from those not using the default skin, added options to change font color, size, family and weight of the number.
See the "Colors and Backgrounds" and "Fonts" sections in the CSS spec for valid values. http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS/
1. Fixed issue with exceptions showing up in error console on every key press when both Tab Counter and Tab Mix Plus were installed in Firefox 3.0 RC1.
2. Localized hard coded text to make it easier to translate extension - still only in English though.
Moved the default location next to the left of the throbber icon because automatically placing it in front of the location bar causes the location bar to stop working for some reason.
Manually placing count button in front of the location bar does not cause any problems as far as I can tell so you can move it there once it has been displayed.
Toolbar now displays automatically without requiring user interaction.