- by Pckit, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Firefox and Chrome cannot synchronize with each other, but if you use the same browser, you can synchronize. I use dropbox, Chinese environment, and bookmarks containing Chinese and other languages. I hope it can be fixed soon. This problem has been around for many years. I invited some people in the community to test, and they all had the same situation.
- by Firefox user 14848343, a year agoRated 2 out of 5The idea is great, but it doesn't work for me. Push from Firefox works., but Chrome can't pull the bookmarks - neither from Google Drive nor from Dropbox.
- by Monitorcover, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a fantastic way to share Firefox bookmarks between PCs/laptops. I'm syncing betweek 2 x Linux and 1 x Windows laptops automatically with no problems at all - definitely doesn't feel like alpha software. Really hope development continues.
- by overtomanu, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Default sync period is 15 mins. Lets say you are syncing bookmarks between firefox and chrome. You bookmark something in chrome and exit browser before sync happened. Then on relaunch it removes the new bookmark that was created. So i think it can't distinguish if some bookmark was added/deleted locally on relauch. Extension is usable if you disable automatic sync and manually sync bookmarks when you want to.
- by Konrad, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5syncmarx is one of my most important extensions, which I use every day. When I had problems, Greg was very helpful and we were able to figure out the problem and solve it. Sometimes there are hiccups and the bookmarks double or are scattered everywhere. Then I go back to another browser that hasn't synced yet and force push / force pull to get it right again.
syncmarx solves a major problem of having a self-controlled, cross-browser and cross-platform synchronization solution for bookmarks. I can't wait for version 1.0.
@Greg: Thank you for an engagement, I really appreciate your time and energy.
- by 4Jax, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5X-marks abandoned us... Syncmarx picked up the sword!
Not sure 'why' this is not a recommended addon by Firefox? I looked high-and-low after X-marks died for an alternative. Firefox bookmark sync failed too often. Tried and older version of X-marks that allows you to setup your own server for the sync... FAILED.
Then I somehow came across this extension and it's worked flawlessly! No matter if I'm using two browsers not of the same version... it works.
Some reviews say:
*They are having issues with Chrome. Why are you complaining about a Chrome issue in a Firefox venue?
*I don't have a Dropbox account. It's FREE just get one or use Google Drive!
The only improvement I'd like to see is the icon looks like popcorn and it's could use an increase in size and something more noticeable when it's syncing.
I just left a donation and want to say BIG thanks to the developer.
- by Firefox user 15451006, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent app ! Efficient, easy to use. I'm using it on Firefox 70, Chrome 78 and Edge Chromium 79 (beta) on windows and mac.
Could I ask if the browser history could also be synced in the future ? That would be even better as I would not even need to use a chrome or firefox account !
Thanks for this app !
- by Firefox user 15157373, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good, but dont work in the new version of google chrome and with Firefox Developer
- by Firefox user 15146894, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Hello, I am very glad that there seems to be a bookmark sync app, but for me it does not work. Syncing to Google Drive from Google Chrome (75.0.3770.142) seems to work, but all attempts to sync with Firefox (68.0) using the same profile linked to Google Drive fail (Pull force, sync,...).
Developer responseposted 2 years agoI am sorry to hear that... Now that the project is open source, if you'd like you can submit a ticket and I will take a look: https://github.com/Cleod9/syncmarx-webext
- by Firefox user 14675987, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It works simple and with profiles.
Really great to see this.
Can work with Dropbox, Google Drive and Box.
Can be synced by hand, automatically every x minutes etc.
Works great (used it now for about 2 months).
I use it on 4 machines and 2 are constantly running (24/7) and still it does not make a mess out of the favorites.
And best of all, no website login, monthly fee etc. needed.
- by Firefox user 14732172, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5there are no instrutions that i can find i need to save my bookmarks but can not figer out how
Developer responseposted 3 years agoApologies, a set of instructions is long overdue for this extension. In the meantime you are more than welcome to contact me with any questions directly: