Rated 5 out of 5
5 Stars out of 5
- by mmooney, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5A great complement to Google. This search engine filters out all the garbage and only shows credible results. Terrific when you are researching, not merely searching.
- by Apollo!, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5This really works for filtering out the junk. You would think using searches by the evil "G" empire would give you lots of good information right? Wrong! All you are getting is search overload, spam, conspiratorial hogwash, pseudoscience and the like! I put it in my "Apollo! Pack" collection to give thinking people a better tool for finding sound information.
- by rosiep, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like that it produces results that I can actually use--rather than search over and over again. I find it especially useful for academic research I need to do for my nonprofit.
- by JSull, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm a big fan of this search engine for academic queries; it's a go-to whenever I need information from a verifiable source. And the Firefox add-on makes Sweet Search super convenient.
- by MaSobol, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5Our school library told us to use this at the end of last year. It really is a great search engine for students. I researched papers on brain injuries, William Faulkner and the Industrial Revolution and the results were really good, much better than Google's. It's going to always be the first search engine I use this year.
- by Colleen Brondou, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love how quickly I find what I'm looking for with this search engine. My husband is planning to introduce it to his 5th grade class; he's already impressed with it!
- by MissL, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like this add on especially for biographies my students are doing, does a much better job of giving results than more mainstream search engines (and wikipedia doesn't come up number one). I've found some consistently good resources with this. Like the other reviewers said, not for a search for entertainment or shopping stuff, but great for students and research.
- by GeneReilly, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've read several reviews of this search engine on education blogs and websites. It lives up to its billing. The design could be better, but the search results for school searches are outstanding. Sites that I want my students using, such as Library of Congress, PBS, .edu sites, etc. show up much higher in SweetSearch than in Google or Bing. The kids love it !