Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13680229, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Best looking new tab extension I have used, it doesn't clutter the screen with too much information and the photos used for the backgrounds are very pleasant to look at, they aren't just generic landscape photos they're high quality and look almost hand-selected. It also loads much faster than other new tabs I have used. The only thing I ask for is the ability to change the position of the widgets.Thanks. Yeah, a few of the wallpapers are handpicked manually to match the placement of widgets on the addon. Currently, we don't have the feature to position widgets. Your feedback is noted. Keep loving it, Cheers.
- by Firefox user 14425197, a year agoRated 3 out of 5The wallpapers are great, and I like not having the distraction of a bunch of trending news articles every time I open a new tab, plus the integration with Todoist & Google Calendar is nice, but restoring browsing sessions does not work properly. If a crash occurs, and it "has trouble" restoring your browsing session, you're not given the option to choose tabs to restore; it just tosses the old session completely and gives you the New Tab page. I also had some issues with restoring sessions after quitting Firefox properly; it seems sometimes there are tabs that just aren't restored. Don't have the time to investigate this issue myself, but I'm either going to have to add some kind of tab manager add-on or stop using this one because I am a tab hoarder and I can't have my whole session disappear if Firefox happens to crash or my laptop dies or something.Hi, can you share more details how your Firefox is getting impacted by Subtle tab add-on. Please share some screenshots or video to show the issue which you are facing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by LCH, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Interesting. There are a few products out there. I'll wait and see if this one works for me. Looks promising.
Meanwhile, I have trouble getting Google Calendar integration to work:
"You are almost done! Paste this authentication code in Subtletab customization menu"
Where is this menu???
NVM. Just found it. You probably should say: (Bottom left) Customize --> Clock
And why is it under Clock? Nothing about Google Calendar hints at clock for me. Either Todo or its own tab would work better.Hi LCH!
Thanks for the feedback. We will definitely make it more easy to integrate. Also, there is a tutorial to help you in integration. https://www.subtletab.com/#/kb/integrations/calendar
- by Firefox user 14391312, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Even though this extension controls my homepage and new tab page it doesn't load the first time i start the browser. Otherwise like it a lot!Hi. Thanks for the valuable feedback. Currently, we are not able to load plugin on browser load due to recent change in Firefox permissions. We are working on it and will soon give you an update.
- by Firefox user 14371727, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Exactly what I was looking for. I love having a nice customizable desktop when I open a tab. I keep one tab open on my 3rd monitor at work all day as a sort of dashboard with my Todoist tasks. Side note, I would be willing to pay for a PRO version that had add-ons. It would be great if you could have multiple widgets on the desktop (ie. Notes and ToDo, plus maybe even controls for Spotify or other widgets). Or even to select a custom filter for my Todoist list, instead of only the Inbox. Could be a great revenue stream. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would pay for more features. Keep up the good work!Hi
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Constructive feedback like yours help us make the product more usable for the wider audience. We are focused to make it better each day and we have taken into account suggestions you have provided. Just to add, we are soon releasing "Due Today" filter in Todoist add-on for Firefox.
Keep loving Subtle tab. Cheers.
- by Thomas James "Tom" Seymour, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I can't link Google Calendar with this extension. All I get is a blank white page when I try to do it. Please fix this.Hi Thomas, we tried to reach you on your email which you mentioned on the feedback form. We believe that email is misspelled. I request you to please contact us on email@example.com once again and share more information with screenshots of the issue to give you a resolution.
- by Firefox user 14326699, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Such an amazing -New Tab- personalization, great visuals, fast, nice clock, nothing more to say about.
Inmejorable plugin de personalización de -Nueva Pestaña-, geniales visuales, rápido, excelente reloj, nada más para agregar.
- by Firefox user 14312234, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Could you please explain why you need this permission:
Access your data for www.googleapis.com
googleapis.com is too large domain to give you access.Thanks for reaching out.
The permission to access data from googleapis.com is required in order to fetch calendar events in case you add integration with Google calendar. Also, we fetch from the source (i.e. googleapis.com) only once you integrate and generate an access token which gives you a better idea about the data we will be pulling in the Subtle tab on your system.
We would like to inform you that all the data is accessed directly from Google servers to your machine and the Subtle tab cannot read or write any data itself. We strongly respect and adhere to user privacy and you can read more about permissions on the "About" section of the addon.
For any further queries, you can drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @subtletab.