- by Firefox user 15315788, 18 days agoRated 3 out of 5Does whats advertised but lacking needed features.
Main problem is that the subtitles overlap with the Netflix subtitles. please make the subtitles movable.
Subtitles look pretty bad would be nice if you could at least change the size.
Interface doesn't display when in full screen which is rather annoying.
- by Willpower, a month agoRated 5 out of 5It works really well and does everything it advertises. The one feature it is sorely missing is the ability to remember settings. Every time you go to a new episode, reload the page, or even leave Netflix idle for too long, it defaults to Subtitles On, in English.
- by harl windwolf, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works exactly as the description says. The subtitles are displayed in addition to the built-in ones, they can be selected (and then processed by other extensions) and they can be downloaded as .srt files. (
Feature request: Please make the subtitles movable, so that they can be moved around or at least to the upper border of the video frame, so that we can have two subtitles (the one by Subadub and the built-in one) shown at the same time without the texts overlapping. (This would be especially useful when using Subadub in conjunction with Subflix.)
- by piza, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5If I could change the position of subtitle and capital letter to small letter, It could be perfect.
Thank you for producing this add on, this is really helpful and actually I'm helped a lot.
- by Thousand-Eyes Restrict, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Does exactly what I wanted: lets me copy/paste words from Netflix subtitles. If you see two sets of subtitles at once, you can turn off the standard netflix subtitles and it'll still show the subs through the add-on. The subs are very easily readable due to the large font and black box (good for those with poor eyesight), but they also kinda of get in the way and cover characters faces in the anime. Maybe if you could adjust positioning/size/the black box it would help? Also sometimes the option for the subs doesn't load, even after refreshing. I have to click a different episode, then click the one I wanted to watch again for it to show up. Weird bug, but it still works.
- by Firefox user 14691633, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Great add-on, you can also save the subtitle files easily.
For languages also check Voracious, made by the same developer. Changed my language learning experience for the better.
- by guilledi, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The idea is good, but for some reason most of the languages disappeared after the second time I used Netflix, not sure if this is a Netflix issue or an extension issue, but even if it's the first case I guess the developer should know this is happening. Apparently other users had the same issue (by reading the comments). Since people usually learns one language at a time, if that language disappears, the extension becomes totally worthless :(
I also noticed that in interactive movies, the subs get displaced and do not match the audio after choosing a branch.
Changing the font size would be really useful, as sometimes, if there are 2 lines in the subs, they can overlap the Netflix ones.
- by Nukemarine@gmail.com, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Used this add-on for Japanese studies, and it's a game changer. However, in recent weeks the Japanese options are not available for some reason while English, Korean, Portuguese, and Chinese are available (I'm in Japan).
Still a great add-on, but would love in Japanese subs access were re-added.
- by Firefox user 15591178, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Was working great until recently. Apparently the recent change did not work for everyone. Sorry to make a bug report here, but there is no github page.
Edit: The developer responded with a fix and review changed accordingly. Works as expected, subtitles are selectable for easy translation. Thanks!
- by Marke, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It was great but it quit working a week ago. The language box is always empty, tried reinstalling, etc. Will update if it gets fixed, please look into this Mr. Simmons.
Update: Working now! Thank you so much developer.