- by jupiter2, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5According to an explosion of articles on this extension: (one from robertheatonDOTcom) "since January 2017, Stylish has been augmented with bonus spyware that records every single website ... its 2 million other users visit"
Let that sink in... Every. Single. Website. Recorded and Saved.
My understanding was that they were removed from both Mozilla and Chrome stores. Shocked to see them back here after the base betrayal of their userbase. Shame on Mozilla for allowing this. This should be a lifetime ban!
Use STYLUS (github) instead. Use this extension at your own risk. (forewarned in forearmed)
- by TwoCables, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is my first time trying Stylish in Firefox Quantum. I expected the same full-screen experience that I've been enjoying in older versions of Firefox. Instead, I had about 15% of full-screen to use. So, this sucks. I'm not going to spend hours writing code in a tiny box. Are you kidding me? I'll avoid Stylish in Firefox Quantum. Good lord.
- by RevMrSubG3N3, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have facebook and twitter blocked and using a VPN, so your site userstyles.org isn't usable. Lame. If I can't even see the styles available because I don't need to use your friends hackshack make you no better. Hackshack is what you are until you let up on the snooping. There is a difference in functional access and being a jerk. I will quit being lazy and write my own CSS thank you for the fun we had, goodbye until your site is usable without opening up my soul
- by Firefox user 14366391, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The review below mine made by @riversiderepeat says is true to an extent -- Stylish is indeed a spyware, but Stylus IS NOT. They (the user that made the comment) clearly put 0 (as in none) effort into researching the add-on, looking at the source code, reading the wiki page, or really just looking at forum posts and/or articles all over the web about Stylus and why it exists -- which is very ignorant on their end.
What Stylish is doing here is very malicious and to see it being brought back to AMO is a disgrace. Mozilla, is this the way you fight for the privacy of your users -- by letting some 3rd party companies steal the data of your users?
By bringing back the add-on to the AMO with all the spyware inside of it, which is just one single click away and people get NO warnings about the seriousness of the data they're going to be giving out for a feature that's used once in a while and never again, is seriously disappointing. Sigh.
To Stylish developers, shame on you guys and congratulations on destroying one of the most amazing add-ons that were ever created as well as the USo, the forum, and everything in between. The add-on became a disappointment once it was sold out the first, and especially even more so when it got sold the second time.
- by Firefox user 13119159, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Yeah. Spyware and a resource hog. AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE TELLING EVERYONE TO USE STYLUS INSTEAD, THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY SO DON'T USE THAT EITHER!! Mozilla should be ashamed letting crap like this go on under their watch. Can't trust anyone anymore!!