- by ADTC, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5** NOTICE **
Don't use this abandoned project anymore. I read it has analytics tracking as well. Use the fork called Stylus instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/
TL;DR: ** Use STYLUS instead! **
- by ThePenciler, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5I used to use this extension a long time ago. Unfortunately it looks like the website has been abandoned and left to rot. The © says 2021, but I suspect that's an automatically updated line. It feels like it's been updated since the last time I used it, but who knows how long ago that actually was.
The website is slow and sometimes crashes and times out. That's server side. Not Firefox. Small styles install, but if they're any more complex than a site skin, it takes too long to install and the longer it takes the more chance the site will crash before it's through.
I wish someone would take this whole thing and fork it into something someone has more passion for than the original authors do. Or let Mozilla Foundation bake it into Firefox.
- by QCJess, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Like another user from NC *named NC* pointed out, while it does do as described it appears the site is all but abandoned. I just installed this extension for the second time, to see if it would perform any better and three minutes into attempting to access userstyles.org, it still hadn't loaded. It is as if someone has forgotten there has to be someone behind the scenes running the website or at least paying less than $4.00 a year to get it to run quickly, possibly smoothly. I do not recommend & suggest finding another extension that is similar where someone takes pride in it, ensuring it runs & is up to date.
- by Zodiac, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5As per the Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stylish is owned by an AD COMPANY RECORDING YOUR BROWSING HISTORY! (Use the community created STYLUS addon instead, which does not collect anything)
- by 23tony, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work. I created a style for a website and gave it the URL. It says it's installed for that site but doesn't change anything. If I follow the instructions on github "Applying styles to specific sites" I get "unsupported rule". The website is filled with broken links and pages loading with errors, so you can't find any information. Total waste of my time, uninstalling.
- by Firefox user 14110808, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5The "installed" panel is a trainwreck, the only thing that it displays correctly is the number of installed styles for the current page. Some of them are always missing from the list (often enabled ones) and some from unrelated pages are visible. If I close and re-open the popup the list changes so it can't possibly be a case of too URL filters.