- by Firefox user 14652580, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5My nephew downloaded this because it is described as an "Adult blocker add-on". He took that to mean it would block adults like me from doing things like "hacking" into his computer, installing "malware" (parental control software), because he hates the "threats" to take away his internet privileges for a full year if I catch him looking up weird porn on Deviant Art, or watching YouTube videos that try to convince him he's really a girl.
How did I find out he installed it? Glad you asked.
My wife and I were attempting to use the laptop that evening for grown-up things and that's how I was introduced to Stop-it. I opened up the parental control software wherein I confirmed he installed it, and then proceeded to that part of the internet where, in this case, Bronies re-enact the Squat Cobbler scene from "Better Call Saul".
We had to have a long, awkard conversation with him about the whole thing.
****EDIT Because I know someone is going to call BS based on the fact that I have parental control software already installed....I don't want to give it a sales pitch but it's pretty awesome. it's basically spyware - he knows it's there and what the consequences are for breaking the rules. To this point, that had kept him from getting in trouble :) ***
Aside from the nature of the content the kid was looking at I thought it was pretty funny actually. Maybe better word choice in the description would be a good idea though.Thanks for trying stop-it.
For the description i think its pretty clear:
"The Best, adult webiste blocker add-on.
This add-on provides protection for a safer browsing experience.
Protect yourself from scams, adult contents, malwares, hacks & threats."
- by pxn, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5If children decided to see porn,
they will click on DISABLE.
TOTALLY USELESSThanks for testing it , i have a special procedure for LOCKING your browser, after that procedure the user CAN'T REMOVE OR DISABLE THE ADD-ON please read carefully my website ! https://www.stop-it.be/
- by Firefox user 14446652, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5once you installed it? you won't regret it... welcome to the world of parental guidance... I Love this add on, nice job there... Stop-it is the best...... If you have time, please add password for more security, so that my kids won't disable it everytime i'm not around.. thanks BTW...
- by eduardo, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It does not have a security password to enter the add-on or to avoid deactivating it.
No tiene contraseña de seguridad para ingresar al complemento o evitar la desactivacion de este.
- by Firefox user 13783090, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5it works, although you could put a password or user to access your add-on and that this is not deactivated by others, or make block the page (about: addons) with password. thank you.
funciona, aunque podrias poner una contraseña o usuario para acceder a tu complemento y que otros no lo desactiven o bloquear la página (about: addons) con contraseña .