- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 18116620, 14 hours agoCan we get a verbatim option? come on.... What good is privacy if we can't find anything to begin with? Quotations, plus symbols, and ampersands are all ignored, the only operator that works is the minus operator
- Rated 4 out of 5by Weserlaeufer60, 2 months agoBin vor einer weile von Google zu Startpage gewechselt und bin größtenteils zufrieden. Wie versprochen werden Google Ergebnisse geliefert.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoVielen Dank für Ihr positives Feedback. Wir freuen uns, dass Sie größtenteils zufrieden sind. Wenn Sie Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich gerne per E-Mail an unser Support Team: email@example.com
- Rated 2 out of 5by KrZo, 3 months agoOverall it was a really good search engine. However, recently I've been having trouble searching when I use VPN. I usually use VPN via the server location Frankfurt or Berlin in Germany and often also locations in neighboring countries. For some locations the search with Startpage works, but for many locations it has recently stopped working. Either a “blocked” message or just a blank page will appear. But even when I search without a VPN, it happens more and more often that I am blocked with my regular IP address. It's just annoying, so I can't give a good rating anymore. It has worked much better in the past...We're sorry your experience has taken a dip lately. Startpage is subjected to a substantial amount of automated abuse and scraping on a daily basis, which can be very costly financially and in terms of system performance. Accordingly, we have strong anti-abuse measures in place, which we continually work hard to improve. In some instances, normal users will set off one of our rules and be asked to verify they are not a bot.
Our Support team can work with you to release the block(s) on your searches so that this doesn't keep happening. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Scotty_Trees, 3 months agoIs it possible or is StartPage in talks with Mozilla to get StartPage included into Firefox like DuckDuckGo, Bing, and other search engines are? I really like the idea of using search engines already provided by the browser. I assume Mozilla wants to be compensated, but I'd be curious to know if there are talks in place or if they fell through. StartPage should be included within Firefox.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThank you for taking the time to leave a review. We certainly agree and want everyone to be able to easily access Startpage. Go ahead and leave some feedback with Mozilla letting them know you'd like to see them add Startpage!
- Rated 4 out of 5by JobcenterTycoon, 3 months agoBin vor einer weile von Google zu Startpage gewechselt und bin größtenteils zufrieden. Wie versprochen werden Google Ergebnisse geliefert.
Nervig ist nur das sie manchmal ausfällt oder ewig lädt obwohl Google weiterhin funktioniert.Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback und Ihre ehrliche Meinung zu Startpage. Es freut uns zu hören, dass Sie größtenteils zufrieden mit unserem Service sind und dass wir Ihnen die Ergebnisse liefern, die Sie erwarten.
Es tut uns leid zu hören, dass Sie gelegentlich Probleme mit Startpage erleben. Wir verstehen, wie frustrierend das sein kann. Wir arbeiten ständig daran, die Leistung und Verfügbarkeit unseres Dienstes zu verbessern, um solche Probleme zu vermeiden.
Obwohl Startpage auf die Ergebnisse anderer Suchmaschinen zugreift, arbeiten wir dennoch unabhängig. Daher kann es gelegentlich zu unterschiedlichen Verbindungsgeschwindigkeiten kommen. Häufig hilft es, den Browser-Cache zu leeren, um die Leistung von Websites zu verbessern.
Ihre Rückmeldung hilft uns, unseren Service kontinuierlich zu verbessern. Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben, kontaktieren Sie bitte unser Support-Team: email@example.com
- Rated 2 out of 5by 1nfered-Data, 3 months agoTo be honest the website itself it great, but the addon sucks. How are you going to make a privacy oriented addon that cannot save my preferences when Private Browsing is enabled by default? Like every time I restart my browser I get defaulted preferences, not cool. Not to mention if I have safe search disabled but use the search bar the addon defaults to Safe Mode (ON) like what? This addon isn't good at allThanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're glad you enjoy our service! Apologies for the inconvenience. Our extension does not currently support storing settings, but that's a great suggestion. Given that you are only running Private Browsing windows, if you want your Settings to stick, you'll need to search from the site itself, not the URL bar. Accessing Startpage by bookmarking the Settings URL would be a way to cut down on having to change your settings every time.
Thanks for caring about privacy. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other potential workarounds.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Sage, 6 months agohavent been able to use for days on and off because my ip was flagged/blocked, annoying. hope its fixed soon. startpage is my go-to for general browsing but features are more limited in things like maps and shopping
Developer responseposted 5 months agoSorry you’ve had difficulty using Startpage! Please write to email@example.com, who can help get you unblocked. And we’re working on enhancements to our maps and shopping offerings, so stay tuned.
As you may know, Startpage is subjected to automated abuse and scraping on a daily basis, which can be very costly financially and in terms of system performance. Accordingly, we have strong anti-abuse measures in place, which we continually work hard to improve. In some instances, normal users like you will set off one of our rules.
Thanks for your patience and for caring about privacy.