Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13028369, 14 days agoRated 5 out of 5Habe mir PRO auf Lebenszeit zugelegt. Sehr übersichtliche App. Leider gibt es eine leichte Verzögerung beim Laden der start.me Seite. Ansonsten bin ich sehr zufrieden.
- by Firefox user 16122315, 24 days agoRated 1 out of 5Was a good concept but hasn't been updated since November 2019. No longer works. Firefox flags this as not meeting their security. Another dead extension.
Not sure what the developer is saying below. If you scroll to the left side, under more information, it says version 2.217, last updated November 21, 2019. The release notes do not give more recent dates. This extension completely stopped working for me so maybe the developer should investigate issues instead of slagging my review.
Developer responseposted 24 days agoHello, thank you for your comment, but it contains several incorrect statements.
1) We are constantly updating and improving start.me. You can keep track of our progress here: https://blog.start.me.
2) start.me works fine in latest version of Firefox. If you have face any problems, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Firefox does not flag our extension as unsafe, but did not yet "Recommend" it according to their new policies.
"To be clear, just because an extension is not Recommended, that doesn't mean it's unsafe. It simply means it's not vetted by Mozilla and you should install at your own risk."
We will contact Firefox to start the verification/recommendation process.
Let us know if you have any questions about this. We hope you'll reconsider this 1 star review.
- by Firefox user 13379152, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Love this add-on. I use it on every computer. the only thing I hate is the fonts under the icons. They are so jagged on windows. Wish there was a way to change the fonts.
- by Leonel M.M, a year agoRated 5 out of 5¡Maravilloso! ¡Esta extensión te da una página de inicio muy personalizable y un soporte tecnico increible! Yo quería cambiar el motor de búsqueda de la barra de búsqueda de Start.Me pero no podía y dejé de usarla. Un tiempo después me llego un email de Start.Me preguntándome si tenía un problema con la página porque no había entrado en mucho tiempo, yo le conté mi problema del motor de búsqueda (DuckDuckGo). Pensé que tardarían muchísimo en contestarme pero solo tardaron uno o dos días ¡Re poco! Se metieron en mi página y me añadieron un widget con la barra de búsqueda de DuckDuckGo porque la barra de búsqueda de Start.Me no funciona correctamente. ¡Un soporte técnico maravilloso! Recomiendo esta extensión un montón! Cinco estrellas.
- by Firefox user 14996119, a year agoRated 1 out of 51) BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE GIVING THE RIGHT ABOUT THE PERSONAL DATA LIKE BOOKMARS TO THIS COMPANY:
By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms. THIS IS BREAK OF
2) DURING REGISTRATION ASKS YOU TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT, NEVER ASKS YOU TO CREATE A PASSWORD.
NOWHERE YOU CAN FIND IN THE SITE HOW TO CREATE A PASSWORD, AND IS DIFFICULT TO FIND HOW TO TAKE RECREATE A NEW PASSWORD
3) MOZILLA EXTENSION DOES NOT WORK, YOU CAN NOT USE THIS EXTENSION TO ADD BOOKMARKS OR SIGN IN, SO IS USELESS.
4) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IF THE PASSWORD IS STOLEN OR LOST, WHETHER THE PASSWORD IS WITH OUR SERVICE OR THIRTY PARTY?!
When you create an account with us, you are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
5) THEY CAN TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, AND FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
6) THIS WEBSITE IS NOT SECURE
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind
7) THEY SHOW TO YOU ADS (on free account). PAID ACCOUNT FOR $20 YEARLY IS HIGH ON COMPARISON WITH OTHER BOOKMAKERS WHICH MOST OF THEM ARE FREE
8) THEY INSIST TO CHANGE YOUR START PAGE TO start.me AND CHANGE YOUR FAVORITE SEARCH ENGINE TO START.ME SOO THIS SERVICE IS ADWARE
9) THEY TAKE THE RIGHT TO MANIPULATE WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA LIKE EMAIL, NAME, LOGS, AND THEY DOES NOT WORK BASED ON LAWS OF PERSONAL DATA BY EUROPEAN LAWS
Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
THIS REVIEW IS DONE BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, AND BASED ON TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS SERVICE WHICH YOU CAN FIND ON https://start.me/terms AND PRIVACY https://start.me/privacy
Developer responseposted a year agoHello,
Thank you for your feedback. A quick reply to your points:
1) You own your bookmarks and are always in control over your content. This is why we for example make it easy to export your data (bookmarks, feeds) and delete your account, at any time. Soon we'll update our terms so it better reflects this.
2) We e-mail you a strong password when you sign-up. You can change and reset your password at any time. If you have any problems with it, our support team can be reached 24/7 at email@example.com.
3) What exactly is not working for you? We have thousands of users who use the Firefox add-on without any problems.
4) I can assure you that we do our best to keep our service as safe and secure as possible.
5) We only terminate accounts when we notice abuse of our platform or if we get a take down request by a government body.
6) See 4.
7) Yes, we show an adbanner below the fold in the free version. You know, we also need to make some sort of living? The free version comes with lots of features already. For $20/year you get a completely ad-free experience + additional features.
8) We don't "insist" anything or change your browsers default search engine. On our search own box on start.me, we allow users to change and add their own search engines. More info here:
9) We do not manipulate your data. But as mentioned in #1, we'll look into updating our terms to make this more clear.
Please let us know if you have more feedback.
- by Firefox user 5832092, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Ik ben er van het begin af blij mee. Alleen jammer dat je zowel in start.me en firefox een bladwijzer aan moet maken.
Ja dat is dubbel op. Maar hou nu eenmaal van een soort van backup.
- by C.T.100, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Have been using this addon for a while now, works great and helps me greatly. The only problem I see with it is that it stopped loading completely after the latest Firefox update. I can still access it by typing "start.me" into address field, but not through the addon.
EDIT: Thank you for the response, turns out the problem was on my end. Browser's settings were configured in a way that blocked it from loading.