To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
There are currently 5 different modes (ordered by security level starting with the most secure):
- Extended Validation: A green theme appears whenever a site uses a valid certificate that includes additional information about the owner
- Standard Validation: A blue theme is shown whenever site use standard certificates. Secure - no more, no less.
- Certificate Warnings: Some web sites generally use SSL encrypted connections, but request some unencrypted content. Whenever this is the case, a purple theme is presented to the user.
- Unencrypted Connection: Web sites that use the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), trigger a white theme. A lot of websites do not have certificates, so you will see this quite often. Since these sites are easily eavesdropped, you can also choose to view the Red Theme in the options.
- Normal window: Firefox's default theme is used for content that is neither loaded via HTTP nor HTTPS, e.g. through the file:// protocol.
Your feedback is welcome!
I love hearing from you. In your message, please include how experienced you are with internet usage and how long you have been using SSLPersonas. Thanks!
Thanks to: Max Emanuel Maurer, Alexander De Luca, Martin Esche, Ralf ;)
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.1.0b