- by Bflat, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5No problem! I'm using it with the desktop app. Thanks! I see! Thanks again.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoThat's happened for a reason and it's on purpose. Here is how it works
- When you open the Spotify desktop app & play a song, mean the app open & hold connection between your app with server and your connection is activate.
- The thing is, if you don't play any song for sometime, the connection is lost. I guess that because holding connection is resource-consuming. So that, when you open the Spotify extension, I can't get the data because your app is deactivate.
- Instead of showing the Box with warning message "Open your device", I chose to open the most recent song. That's better than the warning message I think. But when you play a song, it's still the same song you played before. I know that's a bit stupid, but I think that's best option that I can do right now.
Still finding a better solution for it. 🥺
- by Jack's Silverhammer, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent extension, works like a charm. Thank you very much this is exactly what I was looking for.
Though one problem, if you leave Spotify open for to long with out listening to music it will stop detecting Spotify and you half to refresh the page.
- by luz, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Doesnt work :(
Developer responseposted 7 months agoSorry for hearing that. Could you create a issue if possible to see if I can help? https://github.com/davidnguyen179/spotify-extension/issues
Updated Mar, 23 2021:
- It should work now. Recently, Spotify made some changes in their API. v1.17 should work
- by Ian Z, a year agoRated 5 out of 5edit: Now even better! It adds a context menu to right-click a track or artist and search Spotify right then and there. EXCELLENT idea, and I will use this daily.
Works great! Looks great! I tried a few extensions that are supposed to do what this does, but this is hands down the best.
The only legitimate criticism I have is that there's no volume control or time scrubber, but honestly I need those so infrequently that it's not a major inconvenience. Also, I dunno if it's possible to tie it to a keyboard's media controls, but that'd be sweet.
- by Firefox user 16130006, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is a great extension, it does everything I wanted and is great for people who only have one display and can't have spotify open on a separate display the whole time. Now I have this extension, There are a couple of features I would like you to add; repeat function and a volume slider. Once again, this is a great extension, I would totally get it again. 👏