- by JamesonTC, 20 days agoRated 4 out of 5This extension works very well if you use it properly.
Works great on twitter, reddit, and general browsing where spoilers are abundant.
Many of the complaints stem from its use on websites like youtube which are CPU heavy, but those can be whitelisted using the tag "youtube*" in the whitelist section.
If you still need spoilers blocked on youtube I use BlockTube, which works very well too.
- by Firefox user 15996663, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Works pretty good so far, but it caused YouTube to become awfully slow and unresponsive. Which is a bummer because YouTube happens to be one of the most spoiler-prone websites.
This issue apparently is remained unresolved for at least a year now, I do hope this can be fixed ASAP. :)
Update: The slowdown is getting worse and even occur on sites like reddit as of today. Unfortunately this extension has to be disabled for this browser atm. It just sucks that the dev didnt bother doing anything about it.
- by Firefox user 14474456, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Horrible. Installed for a week, when enabled I had the cpu at 100%, fan at full speed and Firefox was incredibly slow, almost unusable. It all seemed like I had a PC from the early 90s.
Once I disabled 'Spoiler Protection 2.0', cpu and fans were slowly going back to normal.
- by Gafgar, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Really good for many pages, and good customization and clear markups. BUT, it works really poorly on some pages, that some might use a lot. Like YouTube. Youtube gets very unresponsive, loading takes way longer and everything bugs down. The moment I disable the plugin, it work great again. If I turn it on, it gets really bad again. Which is unfortunate. It means I will have to look for another plugin. So I can't sadly rate it higher than this. As it's practically unusable for me. Though it's not a zero, as it shows promise.
EDIT: I have to change the score.. the performace is really horrible and I have found myself running with the plugin activated for 90% of the time, which misses the while point of the plugin.
The strange thing is that even with all special YouTube processing turned off, and NO FILTERS on, the performance is still horrible. All YouTube videos buffers a ton and run at worst resolutions, and the whole browser window is often completely unresponsive.
I will have to uninstall and find another plugin.
- by Firefox user 15331476, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Haven't experienced any slow downs on Pentium G4560, 4gb ram. Works great! Though for example here: https://i.imgur.com/momIpFy.png it breaks the layout (there should be 2 lines filled fully, but the red div seems to be a pixel or 2 too wide). Otherwise everything's working as it should.
- by Firefox user 15300471, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Rated 5* for my experience on Google, I'm hoping the creator can tell me how this works on Firefox, because so far I've been able to install it and that's it . . . there's no way to access the options and the app from the Firefox Browser, and it's logo does no appear alongside other apps in the browser bar.
- by Firefox user 14994764, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I know you're working on performance issues, and it's great because as of now it's nearly unusable on many sites (mostly the dynamic ones, that get very slow while loading content, and after to much content has been loaded). A temporary workaround could be to allow disabling the add-on on user specified websites. Not sure if the "White list" feature is supposed to do that but it's not working on my side. Keep up the good work :)
- by Firefox user 14879449, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Such a good add-on! I wish I could donate to the creator(s) of this! So useful. Works all the time! Haven't experienced bugs or problems at all.
- by Firefox user 14791484, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Literally You guys spoiled me what I was avoiding, not cool, I was reading a random wikipedia website with my words already blocked and a giant red square appeared with the BIGGEST Avengers End Game spoiler you could have given me, I trusted you to surf the web safely and you had to be the ones to betray me, I'm really mad, I don't know why you did this.Dear User,
This only could happen if you import a category what contains a spoiler. I manually approve every category to avoid this kind of situations. I went through last week every category to wipe out every possible spoilers, but it seems I've made a mistake.
I sincerely apologize for this.
It is possible to import unapproved categories from the website, I'll remove that option too.
If you could name the category what you imported name it please and I'll look through not to happen again with someone else. Please send it to the " firstname.lastname@example.org " with the exact phrase what was the spoiler.
- by Firefox user 14791374, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It does the job and is very aggressive at protecting you from spoilers, but slows down the browser to a crawl. Facebook/Reddit is unusable. It works but this desperately needs performance improvements.
- by furiousgeorge984, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works great with Firefox desktop (although it slows the browser down a little bit). Does not work on Firefox for Android. It installs and then gives no options for adding keywords etc. to actually block spoilers. Only options given are "disable" and "uninstall."
- by OtterGauze, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Great idea, but it is HORRIBLE when it comes to website performance. Websites such as YouTube and Reddit become practically unusable. I love that these devs are wanting to protect people from spoilers as well as themselves, and I appreciate that greatly, but please make performance improvements.
- by Gwill, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5While it blocks wonderfully it also slows down the browser to a crawl. Using it on Facebook is hopeless.
Also it does not allow for case sensitive keywords, that means that blocking "GoT" which is an essential phrase at the moment, also blocks "got" which is such a common word that half the Internet is censored.
I like the look and feel, and it's easy to understand what's being blocked without spoiling in the process.
The ability to whitelist pages helps a lot.