by Firefox user 13930576, 7 months ago
Rated 5 out of 5
This program does what I want done. Facebook keeps changing the playing field, and sometimes there a few bugs, but Matt keeps fighting the good fight. I highly recommend this.
- by RWG, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Social Fixer is a great idea in general. Unfortunately, for no apparent reason out of the blue yesterday, my two-factor authorizations were at first receiving LS-NONCE instead of a six-digit code, and now I'm getting no codes at all. Resetting password and other options provide the same results. Which means I'm locked out of FB with no other recourse until I upload a photo of my driver's license (don't have any of the other acceptable ID's). I can't prove in any way that Social Fixer is to blame, but since I'm not one who's even close to breaking posting guidelines, I don't know what else other than being trapped in the middle of the struggle between Facebook and Social Fixer could have caused the problem.
- by MedGR45, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5Can the dev just hide the date bubbles? It's annoying and we can't use the extension like this because almost every single post that you scroll to shows an annoying big date bubble on it..
- by Firefox user 15783979, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 527.2 was supposed to have fixed the date bubbles over all the posts. I'm still getting date bubbles all over my news feed. I've had social fixer disabled for several months and am now looking for an alternative
Developer responseposted 9 months agoIt worked fine for a while until Facebook changed their code to break it and cause the current bug. I'm working on a fix. This is the nature of extensions like this, I make something work, they break it, I fix it, they break it. Repeat.
- by Ed, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5I use this add-on for tweaks and stealth mode, which are good however, sponsored posts are showing and every post has their date highlighted in a black box, almost like you hover over the date on every post. This box stacks, which clogs up the whole homepage with just annoyance.
- by Firefox user 13669296, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Once I got how to use/fill it out, I made a list of page names to be sent to a tab with a certain name. Nothing. I saw the Control Panel finding those posts (60+), but they were not being sent ANYWHERE. Hate I have to restart the browser every time I change/edit anything. I didn't have to go to/view my Newsfeed for it to find those matches/posts, but where am I supposed to view THOSE that it found? I Clicked & reloaded the tab I told it to send those to, but nothing. Just shows the original page on the tab & none of the posts.
I likely would be more like many in the 5star reviews if all I wanted the app for was to hide certain words and ads/sponsors/suggested posts, but I don't even really view my Newsfeed unless my Custom lists (now/temporarily deformed to literally lists of people/pages instead of posts) have problem/s. I gave up on the scattered order Newsfeed years ago once I made those Lists. I was hoping this app would have the option to have/make something of pages' posts somewhat similar to what those lists were. I haven't seen/found anything that works so far (& I did change the name of the tab to check if that would work/help).
- by Dan, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Everything is fine except for the date bubbles all over everything after an update a couple weeks ago.
They make it impossible to read anything on my tablet with these dirty big bubbles showing the time and date of the posts I can't see any more.
- by Bipbop, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Great idea to allow you to filter out 'fluff' posts by facebook, to fill up your newsfeed with 'new' information to keep you "engaged and on facebook". I am still testing this out, but wanted to give a thumbs up to the developer for the idea!