- Rated 2 out of 5by Tas, 14 hours agoI'm just using it with it's default settings and it still displays suggested/sponsored posts. I tried enabling the filters myself in the filter page, reloaded the page, still no difference.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Stefaon, 23 days ago[Previously : I tried it for the "suggestions" filter, but it doesn't work for that at all.
Seems like a good idea for the rest, but unfortunately not for what I want.]
Edit : Then I understand that the filter is for english speacker only, but it's possible to edit a custom filter (I did it with the word "Suggestions", and it work fine !).
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cegir, a month agoI installed this for hiding thing like sponsored posts, but it does not work at all, no matter the filters enabled.
Also, FB is way much slower, because it loads the page twice (one is normal, then the addon checks the page).
Not working at all and very risky regarding security.
Developer responseposted a month agoThere is no security risk - please don't say unsubstantiated accusations like that. Please edit your review.
Facebook has made recent changes that affect how well Social Fixer does some things, for some users. An update is on the way.
The main page only loads twice if you have the option enabled to default to the Most Recent feed, and you start on the default Home feed (from a bookmark, etc).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Peter G, 2 months agoThe CSS and code injection/changing ability is very useful, though the working ad blocking for the new FB ad variants needs to be deployed to users soon (currently working in beta .41)
- Rated 3 out of 5by RWG, 6 months agoSocial Fixer is a great idea in general. Unfortunately, for no apparent reason out of the blue yesterday, my two-factor authorizations were at first receiving LS-NONCE instead of a six-digit code, and now I'm getting no codes at all. Resetting password and other options provide the same results. Which means I'm locked out of FB with no other recourse until I upload a photo of my driver's license (don't have any of the other acceptable ID's). I can't prove in any way that Social Fixer is to blame, but since I'm not one who's even close to breaking posting guidelines, I don't know what else other than being trapped in the middle of the struggle between Facebook and Social Fixer could have caused the problem.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13930576, a year agoThis program does what I want done. Facebook keeps changing the playing field, and sometimes there a few bugs, but Matt keeps fighting the good fight. I highly recommend this.
- Rated 2 out of 5by MedGR45, a year agoCan the dev just hide the date bubbles? It's annoying and we can't use the extension like this because almost every single post that you scroll to shows an annoying big date bubble on it..
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15783979, a year ago27.2 was supposed to have fixed the date bubbles over all the posts. I'm still getting date bubbles all over my news feed. I've had social fixer disabled for several months and am now looking for an alternative
Developer responseposted a year agoIt worked fine for a while until Facebook changed their code to break it and cause the current bug. I'm working on a fix. This is the nature of extensions like this, I make something work, they break it, I fix it, they break it. Repeat.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ed, a year agoI use this add-on for tweaks and stealth mode, which are good however, sponsored posts are showing and every post has their date highlighted in a black box, almost like you hover over the date on every post. This box stacks, which clogs up the whole homepage with just annoyance.