To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Unfortunately this addon is broken on current firefox versions and i don't have enough time to fix it, if someone wants to continue the development source code is at https://github.com/nightwing/smart-text (requires major cleanup)
this addon makes common operations on url easier
it looks very much like locationbar2 but has a different goals and provides different functionality
2) linkify segments of url including subdomains (clicking on groups in groups.google.com/some/thing moves to www.google.com, and, of course,clicking on some moves to groups.google.com/some)
3) keep easy selecting whole url (clicking at the end of urlbar,or right clicking in linkified mode selects whole text)
4) make easy selecting parts of url (clicking and moving mouse selects text in linkified mode as well, simply clicking follows the link)
5) better behaviour for multiple click selection in input mode
6) make overflown urls scrollable
7) if url contains numbers ctrl+scroll over them increments the number
8) option to add arrow images between sections
9) bold domain or bubble around domain
10) support status in locationbar (you need to enable it in status4evar and enable status4evar integration in smart-texts options dialog)
11) option to hide 'http://www.'
12) easy access to about: urls and to view-source: from popup on protocol segment
(options dialog can be opened by middle clicking on the ellipsis at the end of urlbar, or from addon manager )
smart-text doesn't support switch-to-tab yet, but if you need it or something else feel free to mail me (or open issue on tracker) and i'll try to implement it
also if you need help with creating custom style for this i'll be happy to help
hope you'll like this addon, and will write lots of reviews;)
versions 4.5 and 4.6b2 beta bellow
work with latest nightlies
and are compatible with status4evar's latest version (Status-4-Evar 2011.04.06.18)
also they have improved options dialog and support for non unicode domains
want to test right now? try restartless version
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 4.6b2