- Rated 3 out of 5by miguelk, 5 years agoThanks! Yes this addon works as intended, however, I can't seem to make the exceptions work or even a whitelisted site I add. No matter what I do, the whitelisted site or exception is blocked...please advise...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Emily Fluharty (FF add-ons), 5 years ago--------Comment 1--------
Hello. At the screenshot in the title of the window a wonderful font is used. Dude, is it convenient for you to read the text in this font?
Your add-on is very useful. I use it and I am very pleased.
Man, I just confused the assessment. I put you 5 stars, and your add-on is really good.
And the font on the screenshot made me laugh heartily.
Read this my comment, and then I will delete my first comment about the font.
Thanks. Good luck.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Rick216, 5 years agoGreat. Far superior to other referrer blockers I've used. Just for starters, intelligently allows within-domain referrers to be passed, which makes sense since you generally trust that domain. Other referrer-blockers' failure to do that causes the great-majority of problems.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Metal_66, 5 years agoSehr gut für mehr Privatsphäre!
Hier wird alles hervorragend und leicht verständlich erklärt: https://www.kuketz-blog.de/firefox-smart-referer-firefox-kompendium-teil6/
Dort steht als Fazit geschrieben: Über welchen Suchbegriff ein Besucher auf eine Webseite gelangt ist oder welche Webseite sich jemand gerade anschaut, mag für einige Protagonisten eine wertvolle Information darstellen. Aus Nutzersicht kann die Sammlung und Auswertung der HTTP-Referer-Informationen allerdings einen Eingriff in die Privatsphäre darstellen, den niemand einfach tolerieren muss. Mittels Smart Referer wird der ursprüngliche HTTP-Referer so umgeschrieben, dass der jeweilige Empfänger daraus keine verwertbaren Informationen extrahieren kann.
- Rated 2 out of 5by designakt, 5 years agoFar from smart... Requires a lot of work to un-break all the internet it breaks. (As there is no easy way to add exceptions - and you will need a lot of exceptions.)
Having a UI for that like adblockers do would help. Something that does not require copying URLs into preference-section of the extension.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14295532, 5 years agoIt used to work fine for me... until the last update. One should never activate "automatic updates"!.
I use Firefox-ESR under Debian Linux 8. After the update, SmartReferer just doesn't send the Referrer to xyz.eu, though i have defined an exception * xyz.eu. I didn't change a thing, a few days ago, it still worked all right. Is there a way to install the old version?
- Rated 4 out of 5by The Beard Below My Chin, 5 years agoIt breaks video playing in facebook. --- 'fbcdn.net/*.mp4' files are blocked by CORS security.
I had a look at the exceptions rules and it already has '*.facebook.com > *.fbcdn.net'. The exception rules are not working anymore? Have to disable to be able to watch videos.
Only way to find out this was the cause of the error was to enable/disable obvious culprits like ublock, decentral eyes, etc.. one by one, and this addon was not at the top of the list.