- by Michał Turek, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5When opening new duplicate tab I would like to keep old tab intact, remove newly opened duplicate tab and make old tab active instead.
I have tried flipping "CLOSE OLDERS" option but in both cases older tab get closed.
- by Shinebayar, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5I came from Chrome. In Chrome environment this extension comes in very handy. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/close-duplicate-tab/lccfnphpgnpeghoffocbacbkohbapinm?hl=en
I wish we had an option to click on an addon icon and close the duplicates whenever we wanted to.
Otherwise great addon. Definitely needed.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoThanks for the review and for sharing your opinion. I understand your wish, but in addonsmozilla there are already other addons that do what you want, this addon I created to be automatic because it was something that didn't exist yet, apart from that it also differentiates containers. It is more for productivity in an automated way, especially for environments where this facilitation is required. I'm still very grateful.
- by Firefox user 13119159, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Controls are too confusing. Descriptions are not in plain language therefore I have no clue what most of them do.
Reply to developer: Configurations, controls, same thing as far as I am concerned. I understand that passing technical language in the form of plain language for users may be difficult but if you want to be a developer, you need to learn how to do it or get someone who can. I'm sorry, the extension is too confusing for me to use, therefore basically useless to me. One star stands for now.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoit does not have controls, they are only configurations, the extension is different from others, the proposal is another one, the intention is that the addon to manage everything alone, based on some configurations made by you. But really about the texts I want to improve the description, is that the events of tabs are better known in the way described for those who understand the API, to pass some technical language to the understanding of other people is not always easy.
And by the way, the project is open-source, collaborations and text revisions are welcome on Github
- by TwisterMc, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like the idea behind this extension and it does what it says quite well. I just wish there was a way to check for open tabs BEFORE opening a new one instead of closing the duplicate tab after the fact. Either way, still a good solution.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks! Unfortunately I think that is impossible, because events are triggered after the tab is opened, ie the control on the tabs only occurs after.
I believe that this is so to avoid problem like sending POST requisitions, that it would be impossible to do a check if there were the use of `form method="POST" target="_blank"`, this is how the internal API of firefox (WebExtension: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions) and other browsers works.
- by miguelk, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for this! Works 100% so far. I've tried many others which really mess with Firefox's tab opening/closing settings in about:config. I'm sticking with yours. Can't imagine why there are no other reviews.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks! I just need to improve the system to close the older tabs, I am currently using the IDs, but this does not seem to be accurate. I promise to improve the extension. [Update] New version (0.5.0) will soon be available, awaiting evaluation by the moderators.