If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
thanks for the FF4 tip. after the point #4 i zipped all file as .zip, then i renamed it as .xpi and it works. Great!!!
This is an extremely useful Add-on, but it does need an upgrade for Firefox 4.
Thank you Ramon for providing a tutorial on how to do this. It worked great for me.
After disabling the compatibility check it worked just fine for me.. using FF 4.0 and Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.3
Try roomy bookmark toolbar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/roomy-bookmarks-toolbar/
use it until developer updates.
They worked for me on Win 7 SP1.
Very good but needs to be updated for FF4
Love this app so anyway we can get an update for ff4?
It's not available for Firefox 4.0, please update it
in Windows 7 must run Firefox as an administrator
Then you can install the plug-in
A little help please.The fix worked on a pc where ff4 was installed over the previous 3. version,but on another PC where a fresh installed was performed it didn't.
FF3.* - Fantastic app.
FF4 - Not working (as of 2011.03.23)
@Ramon: Thanks for the FF4 tip, doesn't work for me though :( Any other ideas on how to make it work?
Fix for FIREFOX 4:
1) download the .xpi file ( Rightclick on add to firefox and choose Save as..)
2)go to the .xpi file and open it with a zip-like program (I used winrar)
3) edit install.rdf,( in notepad) replace 3.1b2 with 4.1 ( in maximum version of ff
)4) Save the document
5) Go to the new firefox button; and choose addons
6) in the right corner you will see a settings icon, click that and choose install addon by file
7) Browse to your file and let firefox install the addon8) Restart and enjoy this great addon in FF4
Thanks to 101000 small tut :)!
I never realized how much space this saved me! Could you please update so its compatible with FF4. Thank you
In order to work in FF4 just follow those 3 steps:
1) download the .xpi file
2) open it with a zip-like program (I used 7zip)
3) edit install.rdf, line 16: replace 3.6blabla with 4.1
Ohhhh, Please sooner, I need this nice Add-on for my 4th version :(
Just updated to Firefox 4, but... Smart Bookmarks disabled, not compatible. Already missing it NOW! Can you tell us, Rémy, when a compatible update might be available? Tomorrow? ;-)
This has been one of my favorite addons. Would like to join the bandwagon of others who are clawing to have this for the new FF4.
Please update this for FF 4!! I won't update FF without this add-on!! It's the only usable (and the best add-on in general) bookmarks tool!
OOO please version for new firefox versions please
This addon is just indispensable to me ! saves LOT of space, especially on my notebooks, but appreciable on my desktop too.
The behavior of this addon must be integrated into the firefox default options.
PROBLEM: Not compatible with Firefox 4 at all, doesn't install, but if forced it still doesn't work :/
PLEASE fix it for firefox 4 ! :)
( For now i use Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar, but it not work fully, for exemple the space-between-icons option has no effect :/ )
please update this so it works for Firefox 4, its a great addon, thanks.
i would like the option to have more than 1 bar of bookmarks, cuz i have a lot and i would like to have it on 2 separate bars
Я НЕ УМЕЮ ПОЛЬЗОВАТСЯ БАНКОВСКИМИ КАРТАМИ ПОТОМУ И НЕ МОГУ ОПЛАЧИВАТЬ УСЛУГИ В РАЗМЕРЕ 5$ !
Hi! Great AddOn, but where is the donation button?
This is a great add-on for everyone with many bookmarks on his/her bookmarkbar. It creates more space for my other bookmarks and it helps my browser to look tidy and organized. With some extra options this add-on would be perfect and also unmissable for firefox-users with less bookmarks.
Here are my suggestions:
1. An option to outline the bookmarks to the left, center and the right of the browser.
2. An option to add extra space between the bookmarks (for example: a slidebar where I can say how many millimeters I want between the icons)
3. A different way to show the name of the bookmarks when scrolling over them. Now it looks great, but it makes browsing the bookmarks to the left and right sometimes a bit confusing.
4. Provide potential downloaders of this add-on with more information in the describing (in English language).
Keep up the good work!